/ The RE's Muse: I guess I can send the doppler back now...

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I guess I can send the doppler back now...

because my dear sweet girl is here with us.

Juliana made her way into this world at 4:41 p.m. on 6/18/05. She weighed in at 5 lbs., 13 0z., and was 17 1/2 inches long.

My OB visit this past Friday afternoon found my BP elevated so I was sent to the hopsital to have my labs drawn. Results showed an elevated uric acid level indicating true pregnancy-induced hypertension and after speaking with our doc, the decision was made to admit me and induce me on Saturday morning. After about 9-10 hours of labor, an episiotomy, a 2nd degree tear despite the epi, a failed vacuum extraction and then finally a forceps extraction, our bundle of love joined us (and man, does my cootch hurt!!)

I don't have a lot of time to post right now as I'm dying for a shower--I haven't had one since Sunday--but oh, the love. If I thought I was in love before she got here, well now I'm a goner.

I wish I was savvy enough to post some pictures. Hopefully I can figure it out and share soon (proud, sweet Daddy's thinking about putting together a Web site for all the pics) but in the meantime, know that we're doing well and settling in. Just as we were discharged yesterday, we had a brief scare where Juliana's bilirubin level was elevated and she became jaundiced so she had to be admitted and stay last night under the bili-lights--which about broke my heart. But the hospital let us 'room in' with her instead of going home. Thankfully, her levels came down today and our pediatrician discharged her.

I'm thinking of each of you and thank you for your love, support, and guidance through these past 37 weeks (and even before that). I look forward to sharing more as we go forward. And now, I've got to go see a man about a baby (hubby needs to use the restroom and he's been watching her while I had a go at the computer).

:-)

19 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dee, and welcome to the world Juliana!!!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful surprise to read about Juliana. Can't wait to see some photos.

Take care of yourself. Your poor cootch!!!

Catch us up on her adorable-ness when you get a sec.

Yay! You made my night!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Cricket said...

How fun! Congrats!

Love her size - my son was exactly the same weight and only 1/2" longer - also at 37 weeks.

Beautiful name, too.

Get ready for the real ride now!

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dee!

Emily

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A most heartfelt congratulations on the arrival of Juliana! (beautiful name, BTW)

Susan

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Miss W said...

Congratulations, Dee! And best wishes as your new family adjust to one another :) Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the principessa :)

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wondferful! Congratulations Dee and Dad, and welcome to the world, Juliana!
I love the name!
Doing a happy dance for all three of you : )
(about the tear - had one too - cannot stress enough the importance of cold packs the first 24 hrs and then sitz baths regularly after - esp. the sitz baths - CRUCIAL so the stiches don't tighten and dry and hurt. CRUCIAL).

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger chanceofbooks said...

De-lurking to say congrats!! Can't wait to see pics :)

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Dee, I am so thrilled and excited for you! I'm sorry you had to go through so much to get her here safely, but it sounds like it was utterly worth it!

Congratulations!!!!

(And yes, please--pictures!)

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was on the phone w/DH when your page came up and I screamed into his ear!! lol!! Congratulations! I am soooooo jealous!! Pictures, pleeeeaaassee!!! You're a mommy, I can't believe it. OK, I can, but it's awesome.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger chris said...

Congratulations. Enjoy every minute.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger JenP said...

I just KNEW she was here!!! Something told me she was in your arms!!

Congrats Dee! This is fantastic news!! Welcome little sweet lady! We can't wait to see you and get to know you!

Rest well Dee and I hope you guys can get some rest and enjoy your new lives together!

Best wishes and sending lots of warm wishes!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh Dee...I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see pics of little Juliana. Yay yay yay yay yay

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

oh my God - I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!!!! Welcome, Juliana! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE figure out how to post pictures, and SOON!

Thrilled for you.

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check in here everyday to see what was going on but I failed to realize that was a new post because the title was so similar...so sorry for the belated CONGRATULATIONS!!!

So glad that you have your baby home now...

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations! I am so happy for you. I hope you continue to share your journey.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger sweetisu said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! What a sweet name! Can't wait to see pictures. I hope you 3 are getting enough rest/sleep. Showers are overrated anyway ;)

I had the epi thing, and the 2nd degree tear, and the 15+ hour labor but not the extractions. How scary. I'm so glad you're both well.

Take lots of pictures and videos coz you won't remember all the little details. I swore I would, and I don't..

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Kath said...

Many, many congratulations Dee. So happy that you have made it.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Aw, she's here! Congratulations. Can't wait to hear about life with Juliana.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter