/ The RE's Muse: A reprieve

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A reprieve

Well what do you know? Apparently a certain someone harboring in my uterus decided to come out and play nice yesterday for the NST. Finally--she passed one!

As for me, my urine was clean, my BP normal, and my contractions very mild (think light menstrual cramps) and irregular--standard BH, the nurse said. Plus, my headache had gone away (and hasn't returned--knock wood). So, all was okay--phew. Now for this Thursday's NST--let's hope the wee girl is on to something here and has started a streak of sorts!

Last night on our way to newborn care--our final class of four different ones we've taken--A said he hoped the baby comes soon as he can't wait to meet her and get the 'show' started. I replied that I was in no hurry, that I wanted this time to last, that I've really enjoyed being pregnant...and he reached over and held my hand, replying he was so glad that this was how I felt given how our last pg turned out. Yeah, there've been some bumps and bruises along the way with this girl, but for the most part, I've treasured every second and I can't believe it could all be over sometime in the next 6 or so weeks. How did this happen? Where did the time go? (And is it normal for me to be so terrified of L&D/c-section and what's to come after? Eek.)

5 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Having both experienced labor and 2 c-sections, I have to say that neither is horrid. The trick wit a c-section is to get up and get walking as soon after as possible...this will speed your healing time. As for labor, I'd go for the epidural. It is wonderful. Glad your little lady decided to cooperate and pass the NST. That must have beena relief.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good little principesa!!! I can't imagine how stressful those prior NSTs must have been for you! How awesome that your labs came back clean and your BP was normal and your contractions mild!!!

I know what you mean about enjoying the pregnancy - despite the truly scary moments, I've loved having a baby growing inside of me and am fairly sure there will be times I'll miss it dearly.

I myself can't believe you only have 6 more weeks to go...seems like only yesterday you became pg!! You're like, gonna HAVE A BABY!!! Can you believe it??!

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee, wow - only 6 or so more weeks to go, huh? That's awesome! I hope I make it to 30 weeks! I had quite a scare this Monday. And plus all the unnecessary drama with Dickwad husband has not been helping.

I wish you the best with L&D. Hope all goes well and you'll be home in a day or two with your precious daughther!

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...yeah, stressing out is fine. Yep. Yep.
Inevitable, though, no?
I'm with Kristin on the epidural, it ROCKS. It was the first time in months I felt no back pain, no pain anywhere reallly, and no getting up to go to the bathroom constantly. Gave me the only few good hours of sleep I'd had before (or since, but that's another story).

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad everything is going well for you and your little girl. Oh, and as for your fear of labor and delivery or c-section, I can only speak to the c-section, but Kristin is right. If you have one, get out of bed asap. It HURTS the first time, but it gets easier and easier each time afterward. And you'll be floating on cloud 9 with your new kiddo by then anyway, so you probably won't feel much pain anyway!

Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter