/ The RE's Muse: Growing girl update

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Growing girl update

This past Friday afternoon found us at the OB's office for a regularly scheduled growth scan of the wee princess. Turns out our girl is still a petite flower, measuring at 30w when we are 31w. But our last scan a month ago also had her measuring one week behind (and you may recall me mentioning there is a +/- 1 week rate on u/s to begin with). So she is measuring just fine, weighing in at 3 lbs, 6 oz., and is head down and definitely on my right side. The tech seems to think she'll probably stay head down for the remainder of this pg since there's not a lot of room to allow for a complete flip these days. So it turns out that the cute little hard bump that sticks out of my right side most days is the dear girl's bottom, which is nice to know 'cause I've been rubbing away at it every time it's there (I figured it was either bottom or head since it's round). Perhaps when she's here with us, it'll turn out she'll like having her bum rubbed as a result of my quality time spent massaging it while she was inside.

Other than that, a repeat of my BP and urine last Monday found me at 128/78 (on the manual cuff--after the digital measured me at 172/96--prompting the nurse to bring in the senior nurse to do the manual on me) and my urine was clear. I've not gained any additional weight in the past few weeks so I'm holding steady at 28 lbs. total so far. And I'm not experiencing any swelling which is another good sign. Fingers will stay crossed a little longer though.

Today I've got a regular appt with the peri so hopefully things will continue to be good.

Other than that, I'm sleeping rather poorly these days but I generally feel very good. The girl has taken aim at my right side rib cage these past few days and I'm somewhat sore in those parts. My boobs--while gigantic--aren't leaking but I've been experiencing "nipples of fire" episodes a few times a week. These last for about a half-hour to an hour and typically take place after I've showered. I don't think I've had any Braxton-Hicks contractions yet as I've not noticed my uterus tightening and then releasing. I have had some noticeable cramping though--one this morning could have dropped me to my knees if I wasn't already sitting in my car driving to work. My dear friend (infertile who now has a child through IUI) told me that the cramps could very well be BH contrax so maybe she's right. Kinda scary to think this baby could be here sometime in the next month or two (two, two, come on two) and progress continues on the nursery. I can honestly say it's my favorite room in the house, simply because of its meaning and not because of anything that's in there (yet, that is). But soon--sooner than it seems--she may well be home with us. And while that scares me to death--I'm very excited at the prospect.

5 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger JenP said...

Dee, things sound so good!! Whoo hoo! I don't think the scan can get such great leg measurements once they're all folded up...at least that's my theory!!

The nipples of fire sounds promising! I still get it about once a week and it continues to boggle my mind that MILK comes out of BOOBS?! Excellent sign!

Wishing you a peaceful and quiet few weeks. Hope you're doing well!

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dee, I so know about those right rib kicks! I'm actually pretty sore there - the monkey is sitting in a breach position but I haven't figured out what lump is what with him.

Nipples of fire?! Wha??? I don't know what that is...it kind of sounds like I'll know when it comes, huh.

You've got really good news on the pre-e front- your bp looks good (manually, anyway!) and the lack of bloating and protein is an awesome sign! And my doc always tells me the weight measurement has a variance of +/- one week, so you're right on target! Looks like clear sailing for full-term ahead. And even then, it does indeed look like dear girl is coming very very soon! It's so exciting!! I can't wait for your princapesa to get here!

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to know I'm not the only butt-poker.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Hey Dee, So glad things are progressing on target.

I would agree with your friend that a "cramp" that knocks you to your knees is most likely a BH. Sicne I have already experienced the real thing (way too early) I can tell you they can be very gripping.

Enjoy your time rubbing the bum!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh Dee...I am so thrilled to read this post. Everything sounds like it is going wonderfully.

Rib kicks suck but nothing matched the time my oldest kicked me square in the kidney...felt like a stilletto going through me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter