/ The RE's Muse: Moving right along

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Moving right along

Let the games begin! Friday afternoon was the start of weekly OB visits--along with weekly pelvics--good times, I tell ya, good times. And no lie, that pelvic was downright uncomfy, no bones about it. And it seemed to go on a lot longer than your standard yearly OB visit pelvic does.

That inaugural pg pelvic found that I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. The doc also was able to feel the baby's head but I didn't ask what station the baby was in. She agreed with the peri to go ahead and schedule my induction for sometime between June 29th and July 1st. Her office will call me this week to let me know when. I guess that's if my body doesn't start labor on its own sometime between now and then.

But after that news, the real fun began. My BP was up (142/96) so the OB checked it a second time and it was just as high. This bought me a ticket to L&D Friday evening, where I was hooked up to the monitor (as was the baby) for several hours and copious quantities of blood were taken from my arm. My BP stayed up consistently in the 140/95 range for about an hour or so. Then the nurse had me lie on my left side and--miracle of miracles--down went the BP into the very normal range (the highest measurement that way was 120/76). So I laid there like that until we got word that all my labs came back normal and that the baby looked fine--which was good for one discharge home ticket. All in all, a not-so-entertaining way to spend 3 hours on a Friday evening. A and I noted that when the time comes to go to the hospital for real, we must be sure to bring games and other fun materials. Otherwise, we'll be bored silly.

When we left and walked by the nurses' station, we said our goodnights--and the nurses responded "we'll see you again soon." No offense, but not too soon, I responded (more like a couple of weeks, I hoped fervently in my head).

Today we're at (possibly) T-minus 2 weeks, 2 days (or less if I go on my own). What? Me worry?

4 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Jen-Again said...

See You Soon...

To Them, 2 weeks = soon.

To You, 2 weeks = a long time from now.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger JenP said...

She's coming Dee!! She's really coming!! I can hardly contain myself!!

I am sorry about the horrible bp thing. All I can say is, you're getting so much practice now that you'll feel like an old pro when the time comes. Or something like that. Horrible gossip magazines help kill time and so does those travel sized games or cards. Those are what I've wished for in my L&D journeys.

Thinking of you and hoping all goes well until it really starts.

She's coming!!

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 weeks is a long time and a short time. It depends on what you do with it! I am due today, but so far no contractions or baby. My BP was up last week too and there were going to induce. But since I stopped working it has gone down to the normal range. We are in the home stretch. Good luck!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Hope you are well...glad things are ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter