/ The RE's Muse: How to scare this pregnant lady

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

How to scare this pregnant lady

Tell her to get with the perinatologist at her next appt and see about coordinating the baby's delivery between the two of them (OB and peri). Tell her that they'll probably want to deliver the baby between 37 and 39 weeks. Tell her that you couldn't imagine letting her go past 39 weeks. Then let her imagination run wild.

Yep, this was the scene at Friday's OB appt. Um, 37 to 39 weeks? That's like 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 weeks from now! How can that be?!

Holy crap--this pregnant lady might actually have a baby in the coming weeks. Who'da thunk it? Must go hyperventilate into paper bag now....

7 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

That would scare me too! But you will be fine as will baby. I like that your peri and ob gotta coordinate schedules. At least you know you will have the best of the best around!

Hang in there. I have extra paper bags I have been using if you need any...

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Lala said...

Whooeee! Holy crap! I'm kind of at a loss for words, can't you tell?

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll probably have yours before I have mine! no fair! lol. I wish I could know for a fact I won't go any further than 4.5 wks!

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(As I pass you the paper bag) - I know. I KNOW.
I SO KNOW. How did this happen????
I can't wait to see the principesa! BREATHE GIRL!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger JenP said...

Can we share the paper bag??? Because, if you're delivering in 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 weeks that means I could possibly deliver in 5 1/2 to 7 1/2 weeks.

But at the same time, it's absolutely brilliant news!! She's coming!! The checkered flag is waving brilliantly.

So, so, so very exciting.

I hope things go well in these next few weeks and they pick a lovely birthdate for your girl and all goes well in the meantime.

Thinking of you and your girl!

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Kath said...

As early as 2 weeks! You should be a master at 2w waits. Best of luck.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger robyn said...

I didn't start hyperventilating until I packed my hospital bag last night and realized I have 10 days to go. Aaaack!

Good luck, best wishes, and soak every single last second in! Once the baby gets here, 2 weeks passes in what seems like under 2 seconds...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter