/ The RE's Muse: It appears all systems are a 'go'

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

It appears all systems are a 'go'

Well, it looks like the dear baby girl will be making her arrival sometime between June 29th and July 1st. But, but, how can that be? It seems like only yesterday when I found out I was pregnant. Where did the time go? Poof, gone.

The peri would like to see me deliver around 38 weeks 5 days, aka THREE WEEKS FROM NOW! Because of my CAH, it is more than likely that my body will not go into labor on its own (tell that to those 5 minutes apart contractions three weeks ago!). So it looks like it'll be an induction for me, and the peri would like to shoot for a vaginal birth unless the baby is large (over 10 lbs., she said). If the baby is a pork chop--which the doctor doesn't expect to be the case--we'll go with a c-section and forget trying for vaginal. Of course, if the baby has other plans on coming down the pipe and decides to try to stay in her cozy abode, it'll be a c-section regardless. I must remember to keep breathing between now and then.

The baby keeps failing her non-stress tests but then is fine on the subsequent biophysical ultrasounds (score to date: 3 passed out of 7 total). Strange, but I'll take it. Each one she fails means I get to see her again--the last two have been 4D images and they've been gloriously illuminating. I mean, holy shit, there's a baby in there--with lips, and ears, and so many gorgeous parts--including forearms she likes to suck on (no lie, they're always up at her mouth). The next NST is on Thursday, and Friday I've got an OB appt (time for the weekly vaginals to start--laissez les bons temps rouler! or "let the good times roll") and the growth ultrasound. Next week we go to weekly OB appts so it does appear that the home stretch is shortening...THREE WEEKS!! I'm sorry did I just repeat myself? You'll have to excuse me but the notion (and hope) that I could be bringing home a live baby in three incredibly short weeks is completely overwhelming and...what's the word I'm looking for? Um, yeah, right...terrifying.

5 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I am soooo excited for you! I can't believe how fast the time has gone either. Three weeks. I just thought I would repeat it for you to add to the terrifying aspect ;)

I am also incredibly jealous that you got to see a 4D. My ob does not have one of the cool machines. Just plain old, "Is that the nose?" ultrasounds for me.

Happy three weeks to go!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh wow, wow, wow...I am so very excited for you. You do know we will expect and need updates as soon as possible after the glorious event, don't you? Yay Yay Yay!!!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Wow...so close now to the dream coming true! Wishing you a wonderful experience and a healthy baby.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger JenP said...

Whoooo hooo!!!

I hope the next 21 days are filled with bliss, NO worries, lots of warm fuzzy thoughts, beautiful images, and warm (not too hot) days.

This is it!! She's coming home soon!!

Best wishes to you and your girl!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger sweetisu said...

WOW!!!!! Less than 3 weeks to go, so exciting! Good luck and hope to see updates and pictures shortly after.

I agree, I'm envious of the extra ultrasounds, 4D's even!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter