/ The RE's Muse: Uh oh?

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Uh oh?

Now that I know I've had contractions, it seems I've been feeling more and more 'action' in my uterus. Saturday afternoon we drove down to visit family (about an hour's drive south) and I had some uterine pains that were so discomforting, I actually had to employ about 15 minutes' worth of the breathing we learned in childbirth classes. Then I popped a tylenol, which seemed to send the pain packing. Since then, random small cramps come and go, without much of a pattern. Perhaps these are true BH contractions....

Last night I had a slight headache. I checked my blood pressure and it was fine (about 122/78). But today I woke up with the headache again. I'm hoping it's sinus in nature (I had horrendous congestion last night and when I woke up). I've also had a few bouts of nausea this morning that have come and gone.

So these small things have me worried today. I've got a doctor's appt this afternoon for another non-stress test of the girl and then a regular appt for me right after that. I'm hoping all looks good and I'm not sent to L&D again. We've got a little over 6 weeks to go. But twice in the past two days, two different people have told me they think the baby will come either this week or next--but definitely sometime in the next two weeks. Nice so nice these people....

Luckily, last week's scare compelled A to put the crib together and last night it made its grand appearance in the nursery. And the co-sleeper is now in our bedroom, ready to be set up at a contraction's notice. Let's hope we don't need either for a while still.

3 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Hoping all is smooth sailing at the docs today!!!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger JenP said...

Dear little baby, we know you're so super excited about meeting your mommy, but it's just a little more of a stretch right now. Just a few more weeks in your nice warm tummy home. Please stay inside!!!

And please let my little girl understand this reasoning too!!

Hoping all goes well today and the NST is passed with flying colours. Fingers crossed.

Best wishes to you!

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parallel lives Dee..
I know how scary a visit to the L&D triage can be.
I was told today that the docs would like to take the babe at 32 weeks (2 weeks from now). Only for me it's not the contractions - it's the pre-e.

Having just googled survival rates for premies, I can tell you 33 weeks is nearly 100%. No, any time a newborn babe has to spend in the NICU is not good at all. But I'm trying (TRYING being the operative word) to just trust that this is all going to work out. I'll be saying a little prayer for you and will be checking obsessively for an update.

I'm certain I've had a few of those BH contractions and they do hurt like hell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter