/ The RE's Muse: Muchas gracias

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Muchas gracias

I want to say thanks to each of you who read my blog and an especially warm and appreciative thank you to all you wonderful ladies who send me your kind comments, wishes, and thoughts. They are invaluable to me and I'm grateful to each of you for your cyber-presence in my life. I'm also honored to share your experiences on your blogs and to be a part of this wonderful and wise community.

I still don't think the reality of what I've now gotten myself into has sunk in but at times last night the realization found its way to my inner core. When it did, tears welled up; I had to will them away but they went without much fight. Yesterday was a happy day for me and perhaps today and tomorrow will be too, even if this turns out to be only fleeting ('though I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't). In the meantime, I'm just going to take things one day at a time...it's all I can do.

I hope and pray--and also know--that more members of the Barren Bitches Brigade will have their happy times, no matter what they are or how they get to them. With so much IF pain and suffering, both individual and shared, we all deserve a little happiness and I know we each shall find it at some point in time--or maybe at several points in time--in one way or another. Even in our darkest hours (and what IF among us hasn't had or shared plenty of those?), it hides in the shadows, waiting to come out and play, if only for a moment in time. I'd like to think she's related to Hope only nicer. Why she chose me now, I'll never know, but welcome to the sandbox friend. It's nice to make your acquaintance and I hope to see you around these parts more often--while you're here, get to know my blogland friends, you'll like them...I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter