/ The RE's Muse: Holy cr*p!

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Holy cr*p!

I've returned from paradise and a fantastic weekend spent among good friends. I won't bore you too much with the details when you're really wondering about the "holy crap" title, aren'tcha?

Well, the holy crap comes at the fact that I have yet to get my period. All weekend long I was on the lookout, checking my underwear and the toilet paper fantically. Nothing, nada, zilch, zip. Sure, from Thursday on I had plenty of twingy cramp-like pains here and there--all of which had me convinced AF was coming any day. Nope. I was sure of it, heck, I still wonder if it might be coming today, tonight, or tomorrow (oh how cruel fate would be) but am holding out hope--especially since my boobs are extraordinarily tender, something that is completely out of character for me. Sometimes they'll get a little tender before my period but they've been almost excrutiating to touch for the past 3 days. I bump into them and my teeth mash together in reaction before I shake it off. Weird.

Two of the previous IUIs I had done late last year saw my period arrive 10 and 8 days after the procedures, respectively. I don't remember the time frame between the IUIs and my period for the two I had done back in 2002, nor did I feel like going back through my files to find out the exact number of days but I seem to recall the longest being 10 days then too. Suffice it to say, today is day 13 past IUI for me and that is a record. Do I dare to hope?

So far I've resisted all urges to buy/pee on an HPT. It's tough but I'm sticking it out. One more day to go; tomorrow morning I go in for my beta, 14 days after the second IUI. What if this worked? Holy crap....

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it worked for you! Good luck!

Nina

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I hope this is the one for you....keeping my toes and fingers crossed.

alexhere from the kitchens of the infertile gourmet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter