/ The RE's Muse: Late breaking news bulletin

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Late breaking news bulletin

OHMIGOSH--my first beta (14 dpo) is at 67.5--it's official, I'm pregnant. I almost can't believe it. After three years of infertility treatments, the concept of actually getting pregnant was/is somewhat of a foreign concept to me, a uterine Tahiti if you will--a place you dream of visiting one day but you know that the chances of ever really getting there are slim to none.

I know I've got a long road ahead of me but for now I'm simply overwhelmed by the notion that there is a living human-to-be growing inside of me as I type this. I can only take it one day at a time, one beta at a time, etc. Yet, I can't wrap my mind around it. It's almost too much to take in and I'm just so grateful right now it's all I can do to hold myself together emotionally. I want to laugh, to cry, to scream, to dance, anything to blow off some of the stress and anticipation that was my day today. And a craptastical day it was to start off with (speech from boss about improving my work/cutting back on my absences--courtesy of my unbeknownst to her treatment, several missed veins at the beta draw, it's raining and dreary out, and so on). It's still raining out but in my mind, the sky is blue, the birds are singing, and my uterus--well, for once it actually did what it's supposed to do--yeah, it's still crampy and driving me crazy thinking AF is coming but I guess this time it's not. Holy cow. Let the terror begin.

3 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!! I am currently doing my first injectables cycle and tomorrow is my second IUI. You've just given me lots of hope.

Congratulations!

Jennifer a.k.a. Summerbreeze

summerbreeze.typepad.com

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeeee!!! Congratulations!! You did it!!
Your beta sounds great. Happy, happy news!! :)

Nina

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Soper said...

Hey Dee! Congratulations! I just started reading blogs again, after the family reunion, and am so happy to see your news! Oh, and I sent you the pic of OMD yesterday, you should get it Monday.... Happy Happy Day! I'm so excited for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter