/ The RE's Muse: 14.6

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

14.6

Yep, tests confirm the miraculous--I did indeed ovulate this month courtesy of the Gonal-F--yippee, yahoo!  The nurse reported that my 14.6 prog was "good" and "normal" and that I'm to go in on the 4th if no period by then.  Hope springs eternal, damn her. 

The good news is that Monday night's bout of gut-wrenching defecation seems to have been a one time only show and the system was back on track yesterday.  I'm grateful for small miracles.

At the same time, though, I'm not feeling any better...in fact, I feel about the same.  My temperature has not gone away but it has held between 99 and 100 with a few odd forays into 101 territory.  My sister-in-law is a physician's assistant at an ENT's office and she thinks I've got a sinus infection (which would indeed explain the vice grip around my temples that contracts every time I stand up or make a sudden movement of my head).  She was kind enough to give me a Z-pack (zithromax) after confirming that it is a category B medication for pregnancy (meaning no evidence of harm to the fetus in tests on knocked up lab rats but no testing done on humans; still harm not likely).  In the meantime, I'm just waiting for the meds to kick in--in a day or two--and chalking off the days left in my 2ww (7 and counting down).  Also, I'm back at work today though I'm pretty much useless mentally and physically (and that's different from when?). 

Thanks for the kind thoughts and wishes these past few days.  I'm sending the same out to y'all!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter