/ The RE's Muse: Let the games begin

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, July 09, 2004

Let the games begin

Well, we're off. With the next cycle that is. Needless to say, all that intercourse two weeks ago was for naught. AF showed up right as scheduled and today I had the pleasure of spending time with the wand monkey (thanks to getupgrrl for that imagery) first thing this morning.

Happy to report (and somewhat suprised to find) that there are no cysts hanging around so all systems are on course for the coming injectable/IUI cycle. This will be my first such cycle with this RE. I'd done two previous injectable/IUI cycles at my previous RE when we lived in another state.

I'm trying really hard to think positive thoughts, even if today is only CD1. I've cut out all caffeine, I've been working out just about every day (except on weekends), I'm really watching my food intake, you name it. I'm even thinking about going for yoga classes or buying a relaxation CD...whatever it takes to maybe up the odds, I'm all for it. I wouldn't normally go to such extremes--I've not done anything out of the ordinary in previous cycles; others I've done a few things here and there. Nothing has working...not one BFP. Ever.

I wouldn't even expect good things out of this if it weren't for the fact that a very dear friend of mine (with a similar medical situation as my own) went to my same RE's office (but under the care of a different RE in the practice) and managed to conceive her son with an injectable/IUI cycle. She had an uneventful pregnancy--she had had two BFPs prior to this one and lost both so it was such a difficult road for her. But yet, she says she wouldn't change a thing if she had it all to do over again. She didn't doubt, only hoped. My world is a better place with her in it. She is my model, what I aspire to be--and not just because she got pg with the RE's help. She's an inspiration in so many ways and she never once lost hope; she simply persevered. I want to be like her and I'm trying, really I am.

So I guess injectables/IUI do work but the odds are typically no better than the conception chances of "normal" fertile couples in the non-medicated world. It's a slim chance but one that I'm still taking, even though the expense and the stress couldn't come at a worse time. I hope I'm up the challenges, whatever end result comes my way this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter