/ The RE's Muse: Status quo

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Status quo

Yep, I'm still hanging in there. 2.0 did not "pass" yesterday's NST but once she got on the follow-up ultrasound, she looked great, as did my amniotic fluid. So I'm apparently doing okay on that front and my BP was a healthy 118/80 with no protein in my urine. 2.0 currently weighs an estimated 5 lbs., 13 oz. (the same weight J was born at; apparently--and thankfully--I grow 'em small). All very good news for a Thursday.

Tuesday I have my next and probably final NST. Let's hope it goes well. Then I have what should be my final OB appointment on Wednsday morning. I check in to the hospital that night around 7 or so for "all systems go" time. Hopefully, we'll be welcoming 2.0 the following day (mama would like some uninterrupted sleep that night after check in--oh haha, I'm so funny, more like I'd like some quality time to lie there awake, unable to sleep, nervously imagining what's to come).

In light of the fact that, holy crap, 2.0 should be here in 5 ! more ! days! , tomorrow I've got a hair appointment, as well as date night, Tuesday morning I've got a pedicure and Wednesday afternoon I'm scheduled for a prenatal massage. I'll be buffed, shined and polished for the big day--then again, it's not like anyone will really be looking at the rest of me then, now will they?

Speaking of what they will be looking at, I'd better make sure A helps me out with the undercarriage trimming that afternoon ('cause you know I'll be taking one hell of a shower before heading to the hospital). Sometimes when I stop and think of the lengths this man goes to for me, I realize yet again how truly lucky I am (most days). I can think of no one else I'd rather share this crazy ride with...and to see him with J is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see him with numero dos.

6 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All systems go! What a nice weight too ... enjoy the primping (and the undercarriage clean-up too!). You have always spoken so highly of A - he sounds like an amazing hubby.
Enjoy your weekend mama!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Twinkle Toes said...

I'm so excited for you Dee. Enjoy the next few days and try to relax as much as possible. I'll be thinking of you and looking for an update on Tuesday.

BTW--hubby did the undercarriage clean-up for me too! LOL

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger lagiulia said...

This is so exciting! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible. And, I love that picture of your belly- you look terrific!!!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Wow, I can't believe you are this close to the finish line. Or the starting line, depending on your perspective! Seems like not long ago at all my mouth dropped open as I read about "the cd 1 that wasn't." I'm so excited for you! (And also quite jealous that your b/p is looking so lovely -- pass some of that good stuff over this way, eh?)

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you : )

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Almost there! Glad you are taking some time to get pampered before the big day. Looking forward to hearing news of 2.0's arrival!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter