/ The RE's Muse: The hits keep coming

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, January 08, 2007

The hits keep coming

Yeah, so today's BP reading started out at a lovely 160/100...the follow up mere minutes later was 160/90. At least there was no protein in my urine and I had/continue to have no swelling, headache, vomiting, nausea, visual disturbances, etc.

With such a rocking BP reading, I was sent down to the hospital (the big one with the level III NICU) for monitoring--with the admonition from my OB that if my BP didn't come down with bed rest there, they'd induce me tomorrow (34w3d). And by the way--I'm not sure why he thought that the timing was right for telling me that just as he started to take my second BP reading. Uh huh, that's the way to help me bring it down--tell me things that make me panic and then do the reading. Brilliant.

With two solid hours of monitoring at the hospital (while lying on my side) under my belt, I'm happy to report that my blood pressure was declared 'good' and 2.0's NST was 'great.' So I'm back home now, having had the ever lovin' crap scared out of me. Let's just say that this afternoon saw many tears and worry on my part.

I appreciate all of your kind words about the situation (and my jug o'pee had the pleasure of sharing our spare fridge in the garage with A's imported beer, only the finest company for my whiz).

Tomorrow is NST Tuesday, as is Friday and my BP will be read at both appointments. Thursday is the growth u/s (all three of these appts are with my peri and, for the record, my BP has been consistently good while there for months now, even at last week's visit). I'm back at the OB next Monday. For some reason--hmm, wonder why--something tells me I'll probably be sent to the hospital that day too. Because now when I walk in the OB's office, my hackles are up, I'm scared, and that, my friends, simply cannot be helping my BP one iota. Why don't they understand that aspect of it? White coat syndrome at its finest.

With that, I'll bid you adieu for tonight--the BCS game is on and I've got to go watch my alma mater whup up on some Buckeyes. Go Gators!!

5 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

hang in there, dee. one way or another, you are almost there and i just know everything is going to turn out fine!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Kether said...

So glad to hear it!
I've been reading every post, but on bloglines so not commenting. I keep meaning to stop by and wish you well.
I can't believe you're almost there. Amazing.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Pam! said...

And whup them they did! whooo hooo
What a fantastic game.

And good to hear you're still hanging in there. It's almost over and well worth it all I know.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Heather said...

You have GOT to be kidding me that he said that just as he was preparing to take your second reading. Makes me want to swear a bit. What was he thinking? Well. Anyway. You are in the homestretch regardless, and no matter when 2.0 makes her appearance, she is going to be just fine. Still thinking of you.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger lagiulia said...

Dee, I'm so sorry for all the stress you must be feeling. Everything will most likely be alright. I know it's hard to feel that way right now, but you have already done the most important part of baking the baby. If this was say 28 or 29 weeks, I'd be much more nervous. I know that probably doesn't help with the fear, but I think at this point whether your baby is born soon or not-so-soon she will be just fine, as will you.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I will be checking in daily!
ps- did they give you steroid shots for lung maturity in case she comes early? I can't remember... there may be a limit on how many weeks pregnant you can be to get that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter