/ The RE's Muse: A smile

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

A smile


Back when A and I were in the deepest trenches of our IF struggle, visiting the RE several times a week, mixing injections, and so forth, I was never able to picture us with children in the future. Four years of trials and tribulations (and while I know that many others have struggled for far longer and perhaps are still struggling), it was time that seemed to go on forever with no end in sight. For me, the cup was always empty and what hope was there that it would ever get filled?

But then, somehow we got a "golden ticket" and she's now 19 months old. It has been the most incredible time of my life. I said it once before, and I'll say it again now...each day, there are images burned into my memory of days I never dreamed I'd have.

Today was one of those days. We took her to meet her tia's horse and have her first horseback ride...the smile on her face while riding? Well, let's just say it made me realize how very much I enjoy watching her see, learn, and experience new things. It's just an incredible feeling, and one I can't really put into words. Today's "first"--I'll remember and treasure it always. Burned into memory indeed. Nowadays my cup is always full, always running over. Six years after we first started TTC, I've got more than I ever dreamed possible. Someone pinch me.

6 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

What a wonderful photo and experience for J. She looks like she had a great time. I never would have thought of this for our J...I will have to look into it this summer.

Glad you are doing well with 2.0 still cooking!

I love your golden ticket analogy and totally agree.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger In Due Time said...

Your golden ticket is just adorable!! :-)

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Miss W said...

How (and when!) did she get to be such a big girl???? Looks like you had an awesome day :)

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh she looks like such a big girl!!! Great photo - that's one to blow up in a frame.

Good to hear 2.0 is still baking away.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Aaaaaaw, how precious. And in no time at all, you'll have "J as big sister" images to add to that beautiful file you keep in your mind.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Hey there! I came to your blog to see how you were faring, all worried that you might be in the hospital, and you're out horseback riding!!! :-) Truly blessed, I agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter