/ The RE's Muse: Buying more time

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Buying more time

Well, knock my happy ass over!

Today's NST saw a few variables of 2.0's heartrate (though not as many as in weeks prior), enough to warrant another biophysical profile. If you recall, on Wednesday my amniotic fluid was at 7.7 when I was discharged from the hospital, today's amniotic fluid is a mind-blowing 15.3! Yes, I guess there is something to be said for sitting around on one's ass and drinking water as much as possible :-)

My BP was a respectable 122/86 and urine was negative for protein. I see the OB on Monday for a standard office visit (and yep, I've now reached the internal exam at every visit portion of the ride; good times I tell you) and NST. Hoping like hell that all my (and baby's) vitals are good at that visit as well. We've got a growth u/s for Thursday with an NST Friday and a tentative induction that night or Saturday morning. There is a some speculation that if I and the baby are doing as well then as we are today, we could be allowed to go a little longer. We'll see.

As an aside, in today's local paper I saw that on Wednesday while I was in the hospital, there was one set of twins, one set of triplets and one set of quadruplets born there that same day. No wonder the nurses all kept saying how 'crazy' things were around there.

Today, for the first time in a while, there is no "crazy" in my world. Just me and 2.0, healthy and growing...and that has put a smile on my face and some relief in my heart. Today, she and I are having an excellent day. May it continue for the near foreseeable future.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Hooray hooray for all that amniotic fluid! I'm rooting for you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter