/ The RE's Muse: Heading for home

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Heading for home


What's that you ask? Why it's the first belly shot (taken earlier this week at 36w1d in the master bath that's under rough construction) I've dared to share here :-)

Yesterday's OB visit found me still at 1 cm and 50% effaced so no change there. Alas, the original plan was to induce me this weekend, but the local hospital denied my OB's request since I'd be a day shy of their 37w requirement.

I'm now on the induction schedule for February 1st (37w5d). I'll check in the night before for Cervadil as was the case with J's birth. Now that we have a concrete plan (though it's subject to change if my BP and/or amniotic fluid don't cooperate between now and then), the pieces are falling into place. Arrangements have been made for family to come watch J while I'm in the hospital, a big sister present has been purchased, and so on. Alas, the word "bedrest" was spoken at yesterday's visit. So that's what I'm doing now--laying on the couch, enjoying the 'rest,' and dozing periodically (what a luxury).

There's still a possibility that I could go before my scheduled date. Yesterday's amniotic fluid dropped significantly from Friday's level (15.3 to 8.8). If things change, well, it's back to the big hospital for me and out for 2.0.

Basically, I've got 8 more days to go to induction. A and I are trying to set up a date night for this coming weekend (dinner followed by a show at the impr0v)...after all, we may not get to do that again for another couple of months once 2.0 is here.

I'm starting to get excited and less fearful. When I think about the fact that 2.0 will be here soon, I get a smile on my face. I can't wait to meet this little one and see what she looks like, what her personality is, how J will be as a big sister (she's taken to kissing my belly lately which goes beyond adorable--she walks up, lifts the shirt off my belly and plants one on it).

I'm in the homestretch now and looking forward to the reward at the end.

Please keep sending good thoughts my way for 8 more days of bake time. I can use all the good karma the universe has for me--and thank you for all of your support, concern, and love. They've meant more to me than you can know.

11 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

you look awesome! hope you get the next 8 days, but i'm sure you're breathing a sigh of relief to have made it this far. yay!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger WriterGrrl said...

WOW!!!!!! Holding SO MANY good thoughts for you.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Mom101 said...

Thanks for delurking this week and pointing me here so I can say GOOOOO MAMA! You look fabulous from this perspective, and wishing you 8 days that fly like nobody's business.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger In Due Time said...

It's getting CLOSE!!!

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

What a lovely belly. Your little girl is already such a looker!!! Good luck with the next eight days.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm jealous, sorta! I'm also 36 weeks, with no end in sight LOL Best of luck and congratulations :)

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is indeed quite a lovely belly! You look great!
Feb 1st will be here before you know it, as will 2.0.
Oh Dee, can you believe it? She's almost here!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger VTek said...

That is a nice belly shot for the scrapbook! I know what you're going through, because I was whisked to the hospital to give birth at 36 1/2 for the same issues. If you are having your BG2 on Feb. 1 however, you might want to consider the name "Lisa Marie" (because that's also her birthday)- lol. Try to enjoy the bedrest!

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you BELIEVE it? You look incredible, btw.
Only days to go - many many many good thoughts on the home stretch.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Sending warm wishes to you from Texas. I am so happy for you to have made it to this point!

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your wee girl are in my thoughts! Great pic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter