/ The RE's Muse: A lightbulb goes off...

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, January 15, 2007

A lightbulb goes off...

in the doctor's head.

At today's OB visit, I think he finally realized that I've got a ripping case of "white coat syndrome" when I go to his office. He admitted that I'm baffling him. He said he's reviewed all of my normal BP readings from the peri's office, seen that all of my labs have been normal, and that I have no other symptoms.

Considering these things, he agreed to let me keep coasting on for a few more weeks, asking me to have the nurse at the peri's office call him personally at each of my remaining NSTs to report my BP.

He then mentioned that he's on call this weekend at the big hospital and asked if I wanted to come down and "dance," i.e., be induced. I said I wasn't entirely comfortable with that since I think she stills needs a few more weeks to cook, but I did reiterate that the mister and I really wanted him to deliver me again.

Doc reconfirmed when I'd be 37 weeks (Jan. 27th) and said he was on call at my local hospital that weekend so he could admit me at 36w6d saying I was having high BP readings (he then said he hoped I could pull that off as he didn't want to end up looking like a horse's ass if I showed up there with normal BP) and I'd be induced the following day.

A came with me to the dr's appt and later told me he didn't think I'd have trouble pulling off the high BP readings the day before induction--just knowing I'd be going into the hospital the next day to deliver should put enough fear into me to elevate my BP nicely without any extra effort. Plus, I'm wound pretty tight as it is, regardless of being pg.

Oh, and today I was the lucky recipient of A) the strep swab, and B) a surpise internal check (1 cm dilated, 50% effaced). Luckily, I actually showered before this morning's visit (and had A 'trim my undercarriage' this past weekend); thank goodness for small miracles.

So it looks like, if all continues along as it currently is, we'll be welcoming 2.0 sometime around Jan. 27th or so. Crossing everything I can at such a bold proclamation.

Gulp. Despite the fact that I've gone through L&D before, I'm terrified of what's to come...a certain fear of the unknown in the known.

8 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Oh, I am so glad you are doing well and they are letting you coast. How exciting! This is the point where the waiting seems eternal, huh!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger VTek said...

That's a big update/news! I had my D at 36 1/2 weeks, so I hope your bags are packed. Best wishes!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Wow! You're going to be meeting your new little girl in no time. I am so, so, so excited for you!

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you said "trim my undercarriage"!

Glad to hear you are on your way to completing this journey. Blessings.
~michelle at meeshemama.blogspot.com

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

I have heard so many marvelous stories about 2nd L&D's, I just bet yours will be swift and terrific. Keep us posted as you are able! ...undercarriage... hahahaha

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger lagiulia said...

Hah! I remember the spousal undercarriage trim. Good times.
I am glad to hear that things are going well and hope they continue to. Oh Dee, I'm so excited for you and your family! A new sister/daughter soon to arrive. How awesome is that?
Take care!

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dee. I just wanted you to know I think about you almost every day and I'm praying it all goes smoothly for you. Sending love from Canadia.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. 2.0 is like, almost here. Pack those bags girlfriend. You gonna have a baby!!!
(happy all is well!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter