/ The RE's Muse: Drop it like it's hot

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Drop it like it's hot


I had a perinatologist visit Tuesday in which I passed the NST but the baby had a few 'variables' they wanted to ck via u/s. Turns out, my amniotic fluid level has dropped from its last "excellent" measurement taken just over two weeks ago. The tech didn't tell me how low it was, just admonished me to drink more fluids. Scared me a bit. I go back for another NST Friday, and have an appt with the peri (along with an u/s for growth) tomorrow. As this point, my life is a series of appointments but I'm not complaining.

2.0 is still in a transverse position, though no one seems to be terribly concerned about this as of yet. I guess there's still a little bit of time for her to turn head down, though she's been transverse for several weeks now (now her head is on my left side, whereas just over two weeks ago, it was on my right side). She was head down at 26 weeks, breech at 28 weeks, transverse at 30...and still transverse now as we head into 33 weeks.

Given that they won't deliver me past 38 weeks, that means somewhere around Feb. 3rd (if all continues along okay), I'll be meeting this little lady in person. I need to ask my OB about this at my next appointment just so I know the loose plan. I'm down with a c-section if need be, and a little scared about another vag given my previous experience with the 'salad tongs of death.'

Hope you each had a wonderful holiday spent with those you love most. I know I did, as you can see from the picture above :-)

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Feb. 3 - Exciting! And the red dress & 4D photos are precious.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Heather said...

You know, with this many doctor appts. and such, you really must update promptly. Please?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter