/ The RE's Muse: On the cusp

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On the cusp

This morning's OB appt found my cervix uncooperative. Still only 1 cm and 50% effaced with baby at a -3 station, or--according to the doctor--she's in Port St. Lucie (a reference to a city a good 40 or so minutes north of here). Good news that. It looks like another long "laboring down" process may be in my cards.

To add to the fun, yesterday's last u/s showed her to be face up ("sunny side up," or occiput posterior)...just like her big sister was. Let's hear it for back labor--yeah!! the very best labor of all :-( Who knows? Perhaps we'll even see a return of the forceps for 2.o's arrival (oh how I hope not).

I check into the hospital tonight at 7:30. I'm nervous yet excited and looking forward to meeting her. I'm viewing it in terms of point A (pregnant) and point C (baby here), happily omitting the point B (L&D) that will bridge the other two.

That's the not-so-productive cervical news from sunny south Florida. I look forward to seeing y'all on the flip side in a few days.

And I won't mention that I spent a good portion of my evening last night crying every time I looked at J and/or thought about the fact that she will no longer be "the only one" and thinking that I hope she knows just how much we love her, that 2.0 is not meant to replace her in any way and wanting her to understand that we can love and make time for both of them just as well as we could when it was just her.

Soon, we 3 will be 4.

Terror. Love. Excitement. Love. Nervous. Love. Joy. Hope...and yes, love.

10 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Ding! I think I hear the buzzer.

I am so excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about 2.0 and J's first meeting. Wishing you an easy labor, no back labor, a sunnyside down 2.0 and a full effaced cervix by 7:30pm tonight!!!

Happy four!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger lagiulia said...

good luck, dee. i'll be thinking of you all. you are a wonderful mom, and i'm sure your girl knows how much you love her... and i'm sure you'll find new ways to show her with the arrival of her baby sister, too.
also, thank you so much for your beautiful comment on my post about thinking of another baby. it made me think of things differently and feel positive about my musings of another one.

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! You'll be in my thoughts.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Miss W said...

Good luck, Dee! Thinking of you and looking forward to reading about your newest little princess!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Heather said...

So very exciting! Wow, I can't imagine knowing that tomorrow's the day. I'll be eagerly awaiting the news of 2.0's arrival, and thinking all good thoughts for all four of you in the meantime.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger BSumner said...

Thinking of you!!!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

I am SO EXCITED for you guys, I have chills of happiness and nervousness for you. I know you'll have a million other things on your mind, but post a picture when you can!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Best wishes Dee!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger WriterGrrl said...

Oh! Oh! How exciting! I love the eager anticipation!

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family - so excited. I'll be away (not too far from you!) but will check in whenever I can. Lots of hugs to all and hope all goes smoothly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter