/ The RE's Muse: Sludge

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sludge


Now that the weekend has come and gone, I've been able to return to normal from 'party planning' mode. The party was a success, the girl was happy, and the cake was all but annihilated at her fingers. Despite my joy at the goodness that was Sunday's baby girl birthday party, something potentially wicked this way came.

Tuesday morning saw the start of brown sludge on my panty liner from time to time. Not a great amount by any means, a smudge here and there, some light barely discernible marks on the TP. But once you've seen them during a pregnancy, you check the paper fanatically every time you go which is just what I've been doing. What can I say? I've done this with every pregnancy (listen to me--like there've been so many). I didn't spot at all with doomed pregnancy #1, I bled bright red for a day and then spotted for a week with J, and now brown sludge off and on since yesterday with this one. I still feel pg--my boobs hurt, nausea comes and goes, I cry at the drop of a hat, NO cramping, etc., but I can't help but worry about the sludge. Yes, I know that many successful pregnancies have bleeding or spotting episodes, and that brown blood is old blood, etc., but the worry is still here nonetheless, eating away at me. Most of the time, I just try not to think about it. I tell myself it's nothing and it may very well be nothing but we won't know for sure until that first u/s Friday morning.

Less than 48 hours to go until I hopefully get a wee bit of peace of mind.

6 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm praying for everything to be ok, Dee. I'm sure it is, b/c everything you said about brown = old blood is true, but still. I figure a few prayers can't hurt.

Glad to see Miss J so enjoyed her birthday!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Kether said...

Sending you every wish and hope I have in my body. I know how scary it can be.

J looks adorable in her birthday picture!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Hoping things are going ok...love the birthday girl picture! Hang in there!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Good luck with the u/s, my thoughts are with you. It's tough not to worry, even when you feel like everything's OK -- your brain goes nuts when it sees something weird on the TP. Keep us posted!

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow! My fingers are crossed.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Miss W said...

Good luck tomorrow, Dee!! Thinking of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter