/ The RE's Muse: Beggars, the lot of 'em

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Beggars, the lot of 'em

Nowadays, when A cracks open a string cheese to munch on, the above sight is what greets him before he's even gotten the wrapper all the way off.

What can I say? She's learned from the best of 'em...her furry brothers.

And look--there really is more hair! growing! on her head finally. At this rate, she should have a headful by the time she enters kindergarten--in four years. Sweet jebus, grow hair grow 'cause if one more kindly old person refers to her as a boy, I'm gonna put my eye out. Not that, you know, the pink, yellow, or lavender colored dresses and shirts/capris she typically wears don't give the fact that she's a girl away or nothing. I'm just saying is all.

8 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Our cats come running whenever A opens up a package of crackers (they like to lick the salt). I wonder if Gatito will come running for crackers, too!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Heather said...

What is with people and the whole "what a cute baby boy" thing?? I tell you, I take P and E out together with E in head to toe blue and P in head to toe pink and what do I get? This: "Oh, twins? How sweet! Two little boys?" (P & E are both, how shall I say it? Hair challenged).

Still. I don't get it.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Both Frank and I were rolling about that picture...because as soon as J gets a taste of that cheese man that will be the exact shot in our house.

That is just too funny. OH! And J is getting a LOT of hair, BUT it stands straight up in the back...so people think she is a boy too. Despite the pink and purple girlish things. I was so pissed off about it the other day I stuck a bow in her hair before going to the grocery store so I wouldn't have to hear it. ;)

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Major adorableness going on here! How does J get along with her furry brothers? I ask because Simon is all over his furry sisters - he's very into them (yelling to them, touching them, giving them his food, etc.). When they enter a room he screeches in delight.
And those kindly old people? Time to get those cataracts checked...hair be damned, J is SO very girly girl!

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that picture is SO CUTE!!!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Dee - My Deirdre also has a fascination with wrappers. I also get the boy comments here and there. It does annoy me sometimes because, before I became a mother, I never did that to anyone!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Love the pic! Mine copies her cat brothers by playing with all the cat toys. She also is only slowly growing hair and when people comment on HIM (in pink, lace, etc), I want to shout, "Do you really think I would dress my SON in such a FAGGY outfit??!" But my Stepford wife filter clicks on and I kindly say, "Yes my daughter is lovely today, isn't she?"

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Kether said...

I love it.

I have a picture very similar to this one with my grandmother, my two dogs, her dog and my boy all begging for pieces of chicken. In the bottom corner you can see a cat. Classic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter