/ The RE's Muse: Another day, another draw

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Another day, another draw

With shock still rampant in these parts, my second beta today came back at 5,754. Number crunching on http://www.ivfer.com/hcg.htm shows this represents a 31 hour doubling time. In addition, my progesterone has increased from 10.2 to 19.6 so no supplements and no more betas.

I managed to get my u/s date moved up to the 23rd, though it means I will have to drive an hour to the main office and do so very early in the morning but that's a small price to pay for peace of mind so I'm so not complaining. Oh, and in case you're wondering (as I was), EDD is 2/17/07.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of these high beta #s. Sure, there's one school of thought that maybe it's more than one, or perhaps just one, but there's also more sinister thoughts swimming in my head--of Down's or a molar pregnancy or who knows what. Googling high hcg levels will do that to a girl, silly me.

But there's not much I can do about these thoughts for now. Until the first u/s, I'm basically in limbo. So I will stay here, swinging from my vine, getting through each day, thinking NBHHY, and being grateful for every minute.

And I will spend this coming Sunday basking in the glory that is J's first birthday party. We'll be at the beach, cooking out under a seaside pavilion, sharing the day and that glorious little girl with those who love her and us so very very much. I can think of no finer way to spend a day of my wait.

11 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

And another WOW from me! Yay! (You had me secretly worried with those progesterone numbers before.)

Bah to anything bad than an HCG could mean. As you know from your googling and your experience, there is such an enormous range of normal.

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still doing a happy little jig here.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger lagiulia said...

Hi- delurking to say WOW! High HCG... who knows. I worried about all that stuff too when I had high HCG, then was shocked to find out I was having twins "naturally" after IF struggles. So you never know. Plenty of singleton moms with high HCG too. And I had low progesterone with my guys, lower than yours. Whacky stuff. Hang in there. I'm sending good wishes your way!

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weeeeeeehoooooooo!

BTW, I had twins, and my beta wasn't that high. So, it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Still chanting and dancing away...

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Miss W said...

OH! MY! FREAKING! FREAK!

Dee! How is it that I miss reading for a few days and wow!

Keeping my fingers crossed that Project Sibling keeps on going :)

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Kether said...

Stay away from Dr. Google. If you're like me, no good can come of that.

Your BFP has really made my week. I can't tell you how often I've thought of it and it has made me smile.
Enjoy J's first birthday party!

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news!! Sorry I missed it a couple of days ago. So is your due date early March?

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

I am still doing a happy dance for you way up here in CT.

And I can not believe your tiny little peanut is a year old already! Happy, happy birthday little J.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put down the laptop and stay away from Le Google.
I'm still so happy for you. Can't wait for the u/s!!

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Dee, those are wonderful numbers! Crossing fingers madly for you that all goes well on the 23rd.

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger JenP said...

Holy Schmidt!

Look at what I've missed!!

OMG!

Congrats Dee!!

And Happy First Birthday Miss J!

And happpy BIRTH day mama!

Way to go!!

Wishing you guys lots of luck at the scan. Maybe some of us slow to the game should ask for email updates?!

I can't tell you how thrilled I am for you guys. This is just so great.
This has seriously made my day.

Lots of love to you guys!!

And Grow little bean Grow!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter