/ The RE's Muse: One

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, June 23, 2006

One

That whoosh you heard all the way from here? That was the sound of me exhaling in relief.

Today's u/s found one appropriately sized and located gestational sac, one appropriately sized embryo, and one gloriously beating heart.

Today marks 5w6d, and the embryo (!) is measuring a few days ahead, which makes sense since it's quite possible that implantation took place around day 8 or 9 as that's when my initial cramping began. Given the variation in measurements, my EDD is varying between the first and second weeks of February.

In other news, the spotting has stopped, hopefully for good but we'll see. I'm back for a second u/s with the RE on July 6th and I also have my first OB appt on July 3rd. I still can't believe this is happening. Sometimes I think that I'm imagining this. If anything though, today's appt confirmed that I'm not. It is real and, yet, surreal.

Thank you for your kindness and your support. It means the world to me.

14 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Kether said...

YAY!

SO happy for you. Really, it is doing my heart such good to read these posts...

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Congrats, Dee! That is awesome news!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger WriterGrrl said...

I am so glad to hear it!

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!! What wonderful, wonderful news. I'm so happy for you.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger JenP said...

Oh Dee! I'm am soooo thrilled for you. I kept repeating good thought right before bed and was so glad to wake up to this!

Hoooooray!

I am thrilled for you guys. It brings tears to my eyes.

Yeah!!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Twinkle Toes said...

Awesome news Dee! I wish I could see the look on your face when you saw and heard the heartbeat! Wishing you a boring and non-eventful 9 months ahead! Whoo Hoo!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee I am so happy for you! Congrats on the awesome u/s!!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger In Due Time said...

Congrats!!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Oh what joy! WIshing you happy, healthy times

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Hip Hip HOORAY, that's terrific news. Congratulations on the healthy peanut. And yes, I also wish you the boringest of pregnancies.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

awesome, awesome news!

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous, amazing, wonderful!
Hang in there : )

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(big breath)aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Dee,

Great news! Congratulations. Here's to an uneventful rest of the journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter