/ The RE's Muse: Ho-hum

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ho-hum

Yawn. Yeah, things are that boring around here these days.

The brown sludge continued to haunt me for a few days earlier this week but now seems to have gone away again. I could panic about it but, really, what good will that do me? Instead, I just calmly tell myself that up to 20% of normal pregnancies have spotting or bleeding of some sort (yes, that's some Dr. Google info there). And, yes, bright red blood with J, seven days of it.

Other than the disappearing/reappearing sludge, other symptoms have amped up and, unlike my pregnancy with J, nausea has made an appearance. At least several times a day I am struck with overwhelming waves of yuck, an urge to puke, and the like. Then I usually eat something or have a drink of water and it leaves. I have been ravenous as well, a regular eating machine. So I guess what they say about no two pregnancies being alike is true.

J is home sick from daycare and with the July fourth holiday thrown in there, she doesn't go back to daycare until the 5th. We'll stay close to home, visit the beach, a park, a local fireworks celebration, and the like. On Monday, I've got my first OB appt. Given the hope that all is still okay in my nether regions, I will be a little over 7 weeks along. I wonder if the doc will even try to listen for the heartbeat on doppler? That would go a long way, especially if he found it, but I realize it could be way too early for such goings on. A girl can wish though.

U/s #2 with my RE follows on Thursday. It can't get here soon enough. Later that same afternoon, we leave for Key West for four blissful lazy days with friends and no.kids. Of course, earlier in the year, when waxing poetic about how much fun we were going to have to the friends we're going with, I commented on how I couldn't wait to relax and enjoy a few tropical adult libations. Recently, some of the friends we're going with reminded me of this statement. So, um, yeah, about that....

And with that, I realized that--come next week--I may have to spill the beans to those closest to us (two couples). I've already bowed out of a night of 40th birthday revelry for one of these friends this coming Saturday under the guise of not having anyone to watch J (A is going on his own while I stay home with the wee lass). Hell, why wouldn't I want to go spend a night sucking in secondhand smoke at a local waterfront hotspot while my friend gets shitfaced in honor of her big 4-0?

For now, though, A and I continue to hold onto this delicious secret...and I continue to hope for the best. One day at a time.

3 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger WriterGrrl said...

FWIW at 7 weeks -- even a few days before -- my caregivers always try for a beartbeat on doppler and brings in the U/S machine for visual if we can't get it on doppler. With one of my kids, we couldn't hear anything at 7 weeks -- or at 10, for that matter -- because of a giant fibroid in the way. With the most recent kid, we used U/S for dating purposes and therefore revised backwards to 6w3days instead of 7w2days.

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day at a time. Yep. And so far, so good : )

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

I am SO rooting for you, D. Hooray for the nausea (easy for me to say) and the eating and everything, and I'm looking forward to hearing that you've heard the heartbeat. That Pac-Man sound is the BEST in the WORLD!! -- Also, you could pull a "Britney" and secretly drink nonalcoholic drinks, so you could feel SLY...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter