/ The RE's Muse: Where does the time go?

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Where does the time go?


Today, she is 10 months old. Ten months I couldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams. Some days, I wonder what I did to get so lucky...and then I remember that there was so much more to it--including love, luck, hope, and a good doctor. It was a long hard road, and one I'd walk again in an instant.

Here she is in a moment in time caught on Easter. I still find it hard to believe that she originally weighed 5 lbs., 13 oz. So tiny once, so precious still.

As for what's going on with me, I'm down almost 20 lbs. since cutting sugar and most carbs back out of my eating about 5 weeks ago. Tells you how much my body needed them gone! Only 15 or so more lbs. to go to my primary goal...anything after that will be gravy (mmm, gravy, miss you old friend).

As for the girl--she's growing hair!--though you can't tell in this picture as it's mostly on the top of her head. Alas, still no teeth but that's okay. It's all good in the orifice--turns out she's a heck of a gummer; just ask the hapless fruit and veggie puffs she stuffs into her piehole following each mealtime! Luckily too, she's an adventurous eater. She must get that from her papi...that and her brute strength. Little package, big fighter.

8 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww.. she's so beautiful. And congrats on the weight loss!!

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous girl! And what a beautiful dress!
Where DOES the time go?

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 10 months, beautiful J!
And congrats on losing all that weight mommy!

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At'a girl, J!! And, Dee, congrats all around!!!

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Wow! I really admire your accomplishment on the weight/ health management. She is beautiful...pretty in pink.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

good job on the 20 pounds! that is impressive! i weighed myself at work and decided i have GOT to get on it. my "just had a baby" excuse is wearing thin. and when I show up with the tank that is Liam, it goes out the window entirely. its just that i can't find a sports bra that covers from boob to hips and the tummy jiggle is both hazardous and depressing..."j" is beautiful, just beautiful

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

she doesn't need hair to be gorgeous! (i didn't have much till i was like 2, and my guess is neither will gatito.)

no sugar? no carbs? that's almost my entire diet! oh. maybe that's why i'm not making any progress.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger VTek said...

A definite cutie -- Happy 10 months!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter