/ The RE's Muse: In which I meet an old friend

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

In which I meet an old friend

Sleep! How I've missed you, my buddy my pal my lifeforce. You were deeply missed, let me tell you. But I'm so very glad you're back--please don't ever go away again.

Yes, it seems we've finally turned the corner. This past Friday, a day shy of the 12-week mark, Juliana started sleeping through the night. She has now done this for the past 6 (!!) nights. I'm talking to bed between 9 and 10 p.m.--up between 5:30 and 8:30 a.m. At first, I thought it was a fluke but now, heck, I'm thinking we've got ourselves a routine here people! And the routine...it is good. And the sleep--while disjointed because I wake up to listen to her on the monitor, wondering if she's waking up or merely making sleepy noises--it is divine.

Now please don't let me have jinxed it by putting it down in writing. (And please don't hate me if you're a new mom who's waiting to reach this milestone--it's coming, honest!)

3 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Twinkle Toes said...

Mazel Tov!! That is wonderful news for you!. For us--we look sleep in the face and laugh--HA!!!

Looking forward to turning that corner and collecting $200.00

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it's so wonderful when they turn that corner. Polly is still going strong, clocking anywhere from 7 to 12 (12!) hours a night. Getting a good night's sleep makes all the difference in the world. Congratulations!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations! While there is a part of me that seethes with jealousy, I must admit things are better here too. P & E have made it through the night probably six or seven times total, and though they've yet to make it more than two nights in a row, I'm still feeling 100% better. This whole motherhood thing is really looking up, huh? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter