/ The RE's Muse: Coming out to a friend

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Coming out to a friend


Well, there you have it...a photo of me with the wee princess. Do I look anything like you imagined I would? (Of course, I'm sporting 25 remaining pregnancy pounds, as well as the unkempt new mom hairdo of "throw it up in a clip" along with a raggedy t-shirt...but well, I'm me only tired, happy, tired, in love, and--oh yeah--tired.)

Like you probably do, I have images in my mind of what each of you looks like in real life. You may or may not match the images I've conjured up but it's kind of fun and interesting to finally see one of your online friends either in real life or a picture and see how on or off your image of them is.

See, that's the thing...like Pazel wrote in a wonderful post recently...I consider you friends. True, we've never met in real life--but that doesn't mean that your friendship doesn't mean as much to me as if we did know one another in person. We've shared so much, been through good, bad, and ugly together, and--perhaps most importantly--cheered one another on when we couldn't find the spirit to cheer ourselves on. On more than one occasion, you've reminded me what's important (or what's not), or not to be so hard on myself, or a myriad of other things that I'm grateful for. Your wisdom has helped me through so much and I'm honored to call you friend.

I get so jealous when I read on other blogs how someone got to meet a fellow blogger in real life. Don't you sometimes wish we could have some sort of 'convention' to all get to finally meet one another in person? (Or maybe that's a bad idea...cliques and whatnot.) Regardless, please know that this south Floridian has a special place in her heart for you...and that if you're ever in my neck of the woods, I'd love to meet you in person, friend.

7 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

You look beautiful and in love!!! It is fun to see pics of people that we don't get to meet, but really relate to on a regular basis.

Thanks for a sharing a pic. I feel like I "really" know you now. And whenever you are in the CT area let me know. I would love to meet face-to-face!

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww. What a couple of gorgeous girls. I feel the same way about my friends inside the computer.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

You are beautiful. I love finally putting a face with a name!

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Dee you're absolutely gorgeous, as is Ms. Juliana!! Your post made me a little teary - I'm honored to call you friend too! Thanks so much for sharing this pic, and know that your blog has meant so much to me. :-) Lots of hugs.

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that picture! You and your princess made me all weak-kneed and googly. Beautiful girls : )

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Lala said...

What a lovely shot of the two of you. I don't see 25 extra pounds or a tired mommy, I see a friend with a big, warm heart.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger sweetisu said...

A beautiful picture of 2 beautiful girls! Thanks for sharing!

Incidentally, I posted my own pix in my profile several hours ealier today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter