/ The RE's Muse: Hi ho, hi ho...it's off to work I go

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hi ho, hi ho...it's off to work I go

Tomorrow I go back to work. I'm kind of looking forward to it yet kind of dreading it at the same time. Dreading it because, while my current job is in my field and what I went to school for, it is sooo boring. Even my colleague who was filling in for me while I was on maternity leave asked me how I work on my subject matter given how boring it is. You know, sometimes even I don't know how I do it.

But aside from returning to work tomorrow, Juliana starts daycare too. A will drop her off on his way to work ('cause it's in his direction while I head the other way)--thankfully too as I'm sure if I dropped her off, I'd be a wreck. I'll pick her up on my way home so I get the afternoon shift.

I'm hoping she'll make the adjustment to the daycare okay. There are only 8 infants in the infant room, with 2 full-time caregivers and 1 part-timer. So the staff to infant ratio is good and while I was there, the infants seemed to be happy (mind you they're all boys--Juliana will be the one girl in the mix) and taken care of. I'll get a written daily "log" of Juliana's activities--how many times she ate, had her diapers changed, 'played,' etc.

I think my biggest worry about daycare is that she'll somehow forget that I'm her mama. Perhaps she'll think that one of the women at the daycare is her mama--especially since she'll be there for 8 1/2 hours a day. Is that irrational thinking on my part?

3 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Twinkle Toes said...

Oh Dee-- I know how you feel. Now that Abigail is here--the reality of looking into daycare is looming overhead and scaring the daylights out of me. I am sure all will be fine--but your feelings are real and not to be understimated. Have fun at work--I'm sure it will be good to reconnect into the adult world--and enjoy picking Juliana up and having the afternoon shift.

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your feelings are not irrational, but take heart....

I was a child of daycare from infancy, and I ALWAYS knew which person was my momma. She was the person whose voice, smell, smile, and eyes were my home and my haven.

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen-Again, what a lovely thing to write!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter