/ The RE's Muse: Since some of you asked...

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Since some of you asked...

Here are some possible names for the principesa that were negotiated during our V-day dinner:

Christina (or Christine)
Elizabeth
Juliana
Samantha
Liliana
Jenna

We each ranked them numerically by preference and agreed to scrap Jenna (we both weren't sold on it), Liliana (A just didn't warm to it), and Christine (in favor of Christina). He favors Samantha (which is my #2) while I prefer Juliana (his #2). He says then the baby will be named Juliana--but I want us to agree on this and I don't want to feel that he's 'giving' me the choice because he thinks it's what I want. He's been known to do that, and I'm while not complaining about his tendency to want to give me the moon and stars, this is something entirely different. Going on, Christina is my #3, followed by Elizabeth--and, yup, you guessed it, Elizabeth is his #3, Christina #4. Oh, and lest we forget a middle name, so far two have been bandied about: Nicole (just love it) and Denise (a family name).

Of course, all this talk assumes that there will be a live baby coming home with us sometime between late June and early July. How I hope that is the case, though much remains to be seen (but in related news, two days from now marks the halfway point of 20 weeks--where did the time go?!).

So what do you think of these selections? And do you have any names you'd like to throw into our ring? Bear in mind--as if you couldn't tell--I'm a big fan of those "girly" names that end in the feminine 'a' (oh how I always wanted one for myself but all I got was a middle name that ends in 'a') and I'm typically indecisive.

4 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Miranda, Melissa, Ada, Diana, Laura, Gabriella, Andrea, Maria...
But the names you chose are very pretty too!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger JenP said...

Dee, I noticed you like Nicole and like -a names and I wanted to pitch out Matt's sister's name, Nicola.

The Italian female version of Nicholas, and although it's Italian, in most European (or ex-Colonial) countries, it has very little Italian ties.

Good luck with the baby names! Hope you're doing well!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Julianna said...

Well, I think Juliana is a lovely name : )

I have always liked my name, it is not very common. I was named after two grandmothers "Julia" and "Anna", so my mother put them together. I have no middle name which I have always enjoyed - you know, being a little different from everyone else.

I cannot, CANNOT, believe that you are half way there already! OMG, where HAS the time gone?

I remember I cried when you first found out you were pregnant. I am so happy for you.

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Juliana, but all the names on your list are classically beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter