/ The RE's Muse: This just in....

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

This just in....

46 normal, healthy, perfectly numbered chromosomes...and she's a little girl.

Wait, did you hear that? That was the sound of one hell of an exhale, followed by tears of joy, the blowing of snot, and the wiping of the face, all in a 10 second span.

The best part? Besides the good news itself--was that A was the one to deliver the basics to me. It seems our fair hero went home on his lunch break to, shall we say, "take the browns to the super bowl," and there was a message from the peri's nurse on our machine. So he played it back for me on the phone. It went something along the lines of, "This is nurse friendly from the doctor's office. I have the results of your amnio and it's good news. Call me back at XXX-XXXX."

The words "good news" in that sentence were so incredible to hear and I know they meant the world to A too--I'm so glad he got to hear them before me. He's been worried about me; hell, I've been worried about me and I know many of you have been worried too. But for now--and let's hope the next 21 or so weeks--there are no more worries to be had in these parts (ah, who am I kidding? Here's to 18+ more years of --which all began at conception).

So I called nurse friendly back, who herself answered on the first ring. She gave me the good news, the gender (after asking if we wanted to know), and then followed this with, "I just wanted to tell you as soon as the news was hot off the presses/fax. You got a bum deal with them not being able to do the InSight (FISH) test and I wanted you to know as soon as we got the results." Thank g-d for small miracles and thoughtful nurses--I was beginning to wonder if either existed.

Like a broken record, I again say "thank you." If I could, I'd write and send you each a personalized thank you card--after all, "thank you" is truly becoming a lost art. Perhaps that's one reason why I am sure to say it when it's warranted--and it is so very warranted in your case(s). One particular friend commented that I was handling this challenge with grace, but I have to say that I couldn't have done it without the support of each of you. It was that which helped me, especially when I was at my lowest points. Your kind words and thoughts brought a smile to my face, and even some talking aloud to myself (a la "thank you friend, you can't imagine how much that means to me to know that," or even just a belly shaking chuckle, etc.) as I sat reading them at the computer. Please know just how much this means to me...*sniffling again/much wiping of eyes*

22 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here, bawling, and so very thrilled for you. Fabulous news, love, and I just couldn't be happier for you.

Mandy
infertilityisfunny.blog-city.com

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Soper said...

Wa-hoo!

And it's a girl!

How exciting!

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHEW! Such fabulous news!
Danae/Hardscrabble

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger chris said...

Whew! This is great news. And I'm glad you got to find out early.

And thanks for letting us know that your husband goes home at lunch for a crap. I got a good snicker out of that one.

Take care, you three.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Mare said...

Oh wow. And...whew. I am so, so glad for you, Dee.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger E. said...

Oh, thank goodness, Dee. And himorshe is a she! I am so, so happy for you.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Twinkle Toes said...

Woo Hoo!!!! I couldn't be happier for you. What a perfect ending to the first, of many things to come. All the best to you and your, and SHE!!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your news was perfect.

Congratulations on your little girl :-)

Moogielou

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS and PHEW! So happy it's good news.

A little girl...that's wonderful.

xxoo,
Emily

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Julianna said...

That is so fantastic!

I am so very happy for you and your family.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dee. I am so, so happy and relieved. Thank God everything is okay.

A GIRL!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEKKK!!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm at a loss for words now.

Lily

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news!! YAY!!

Marla
Middle Way

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Oh Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and the baby!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh sweetie, what GREAT news! Yay yay yay yay yay!

And a little girl? Perfect, just perfect. So glad she's fine.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

OMG...a healthy baby!!! That is the most fabulous news Dee! I am truly, truly thrilled for you!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO UTTERLY, TOTALLY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Menita
(lifejestbook)

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

A girl, a healthy girl!! I'm thrilled about your good news! Congratulations

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Brokenornot said...

Woohoo!!! :) I'm so glad its all ok, and you get a girl, how sweet!!!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I am inexcusably late getting over here to say this, but nonetheless. . . congratulations on the WONDERFUL news! I couldn't be happier for you and Mr. Dee. Here's hoping you're officially done with all the drama and will have nothing but smooth sailing from here on out.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - is everything all right? It's been a bit since we've heard from you which is perfectly ok if you've been busy, celebrating, etc....just want to make sure.

Mandy
infertilityisfunny.blog-city.com

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! So happy for you!

-Julie
http://lifeofriley.typepad.com/two_peas_in_a_pod/

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger JenP said...

Dee, hoping you're doing ok, as you've been quiet. You know we worry and obsessively check to see how you're doing when you've gone quiet!!

I hope it's just a nice relaxing break away from the computer, getting rest and sleeping lots.

Hope you're doing well and you two have been resting well.

Best wishes to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter