/ The RE's Muse: Love actually

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Love actually

(Coincidentally, one of my favorite films....)

Yesterday was a day not often seen around these parts. It was filled with sunshine, baby dancing (no, not that ridiculous TTC-message board euphemism for hot monkey love), heart, good food, and love actually.

To bore you with the details, A dropped me at work so we could drive to our peri appt in one car later in the day. He was kind enough to come and take me to lunch too--something we try to do at least once every two weeks. The sun was shining, it was a balmy 75 degrees, lovely spring weather in south Florida. All in all, rather uneventful. 3 p.m. found him picking me up to head to the peri appt. Of course, it goes without saying that we waited to be seen (though this time only 1 hour, 20 minutes as opposed to the usual 2+ hours) for the level 2 u/s but oh, was it worth it.

La principesa was quite active, dancing around, but cooperative for the most part. She was, in the tech's words, "beautiful"--and what mama doesn't want to hear her child described that way? Everything measured within normal range--her head, femur, arms, belly, liver, diaphragm, kidneys, brain, and her little heart (all four gloriously beating chambers of it). She's about 10 oz right now and around 8 to 10 inches long (holy crap! something that size is in there?! and only going to get bigger?!). Her actual ultrasound age matched perfectly with my due date so things remain on track and we got some lovely pictures of her in all her glory.

After the beauty that was the u/s, A and I stopped at a quirky little local seafood shack for some romantic dining a deux. Okay, so it wasn't really romantic but the crabs were fresh and the company excellent. We spent some portion of the meal discussing name possibilities for our girl and writing/ranking them on the paper covering the tabletop. When I asked him if he ever thought we'd one day be having that conversation, he replied, "Yes, I never doubted." But, oh, how I did. And once again I was reminded just how much I actually love that man.

So home we went, where he surprised me with a lovely gift basket from The Body Shop. Inside were formerly unscented body lotion, shower gel, salt scrub, and massage oil, all of which he had custom fragranced for me. Very original on his part and, oh, do they smell divine. Also included were a wooden foot massager as well as a small back/hand/whatever wooden massager. Very thoughtful of him and very appreciated by me. We then spent some quality time on the couch, me reading while he killed soldiers on his new PS2 game (courtesy of moi) before calling it a day. The reality of it is that we're quite boring. And now that I've bored you with the details of my V-day, I hope that yours was enjoyable, no matter where the day found you....

Today was a regular OB appt but I've got nothing exciting to share. My BP was a normal 130/70, weight good (a little higher than I wanted to see though the nurse and doctor didn't seem fazed by it), and baby's HR good. We discussed my insulin resistance, the few high glucose readings I've had here and there, etc. The doctor did commend me on doing good with my diet/glucose. She said the fact that the baby is measuring right on is in direct correlation to my doing a good job of managing my condition/sugars well--which was good news. It also really woke me up to the fact that I need to keep it up (and not let myself do things like share that chocolate volcano cake with A that we had for dessert last night--but, hey, at least I didn't eat it all by myself!). All in all, the visit was quite mundane and I go back in a couple of weeks.

So now that I've bored you with the highlights of my week, how are you doing?

7 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

What wonderful news. I'm so glad everything's going well. Oh, and you really don't want to know how I'm doing. It would put a major damper on that sweet post. My fingers are continuously crossed for you and your beautiful principesa.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Twinkle Toes said...

What a beautiful update! I couldn't be happier for you and A. Any finalist names for principesa? I hate having to wait now until 20 weeks for my next u/s. Oh, and btw--we went out with friends for Valentines Day and I barely made it through dinner and was ready to sleep at 9pm--how's that for boring?

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger JenP said...

Oh Dee, this is brilliant!! I am so glad your little princess is measuring on target. I didn't realize just how scary this whole GD thing was until I read that your doctor commended you on your sugars. Phew!

I've been good but have been questioning why I need to be so good, but now I have new insight. I think I just needed a good reminder.

So glad to hear she's doing so well and you got to see all those gorgeous organs doing their things and working brilliantly.

As for the boring part, well, we're quite boring too. People keep teasing us for being so home-ridden but I think it's good for the soul. And considering things are going to be shaken up pretty soon, I am going to enjoy as much peace an quiet as I can get!

Hope things continue to go beautifully and best wishes!

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boring???? as opposed to heartwrenchingly frightening? lol. Not boring. I want to hear that my baby's due date twin is "beautiful".

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad your u/s went well! I can't wait until I find out what my babies' genders are! I know that is such an exciting moment.

You guys sound like you had a very sweet and quiet V-day. Your hubby sounds like a thoughtful man. Ours was kind of nice too. We went out to dinner, then spent the rest of the night cuddling and talking about our two sweeties.

Katie/Empty Uterus

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dee you SO deserved a great week like this. I'm so happy you're relaxing and enjoying some peaceful time. It's so good to see! Happy to know that all is well with the principesa! And I'd love to hear some names too, if you're willing to share!

I must admit I felt a pang of jealousy reading about the sunshine and 75 degree weather you're enjoying...I lived in Miami for a year for my job (after Andrew) and have every intention in the world to return there permanently someday. South Florida is a very special place!

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing- "Love Actually" is probably one of my favorite movies. I wind up bawling every time I watch it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter