/ The RE's Muse: Getting my groove on

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Getting my groove on

At the risk of embarrassing myself by admitting this ('cause I'm demure and ladylike, guffaw!), I've just got to tell you about what happened to me last night.

I don't know what time it was because I keep the clock covered (too much light even on the lowest setting) but I woke up just as I had a -- brace yourself -- orgasm in my sleep! Whoa nelly! Stop the presses--dang, just when I was beginning to think I had forgotten what they felt like. No, not that I don't have them; it's more like A and I aren't having any "conjugal relations" these days. Okay, in all honesty, we haven't had any good ole' fashioned lovin' since we conceived himorshe (and yes, for those of you playing along at home, that means we haven't done the deed since October). To say that A is dying would be an understatement though he is being a real trooper (though I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to get it on with my currently rashy, hairy-legged self).

Sometimes (but not very often) I want to get back up on that horse (no pun intended) but I'm terrified that it might do something that would put this pg at risk. Okay, so I did ask the peri at last week's visit if we could resume intercourse (had to voice it in clinical-speak, after all) which was the reason she sent me back for the unexpected ultrasound (that and the fact that I had that week-long spotting episode at 5w). It showed a nice long, closed cervix, no evidence of anything wrong, and clearance was given. I next see the OB this coming Monday and may ask him as well, just to cover all my bases--plus, maybe I'll get another bonus u/s for my trouble!

But did clearance from the peri last week mean that I ran out and did it that night or any night since? Hell no...back to my fear that it could cause something to go awry. I'm terrified to think that a simple bump against my cervix could bring on spotting. Am I nuts in thinking his way? What do you think I should do?--'cause I gotta tell ya, that sure felt good last night.

7 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Dee- I warn you, this is going to be way TMI!!!

A couple months ago, I also started waking up from orgasms that were so strong they were giving me cramps. I also wasn't having sex with DH. Poor guy.

Anyways, he finally made enough attempts that I got sick of saying no, because I really wanted to, but on one condition; he can't put it in all the way. So we do it once in a while only going in about 3 inches and that way it doesn't touch the cervix. Proof of this is I had spotting from pushing too hard on constipation- that's how friable my cervix is, yet I've never spotted once after sex. So if you can get your hubby to try that (mine was so desperate at this point he would have taken one inch if it was all I'd allow LOL oh I feel so bad).

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops forgot to sign - LILY

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger JenP said...

As you know, the firt time we had sex again, spotting. Now, granted, it was mild, it was only once, and it went away, I don't know if I can do it again for a very long time. At least not until the next scan

I think perhaps it was from trying to be on top and hitting the cervix so maybe some shallow penetration would be ok?

As for the orgasms!!! Where's mine!? I've been mildly O-some but nothing super great. Share!!

Hope things are going great!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Twinkle Toes said...

Even before I started upon this TTC-stuff-- I would occassionally dream of having an orgasm or wake up in the middle of one. This is certaintly not a commentary on our sex life--it's just me. However, I will NOT let my husband near me. We were told to avoid "sexual intercouse and pelvic activity for me". Both of us are suffering big time. But, as you know, we go back tomorrow to see the heartbeat, and even if we get clearance, I doubt I will have the courage to do it. Of course, I could be having fun for my husband's sake during all of this--but I figure if i can't benefit, nor shall he--isn't that terrible of me?

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's the progesterone. I got a couple dreamer-doozies when I was on the PIO's. Well, enjoy it while you got it, sister!
Hugs,
Jen/VintageUterus

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Wait! Why have I not experienced this wonder? I've had some nice, vivid sex dreams, sure, but I'm 100% sure I haven't made it *that* far. Maybe it's because my husband and I ARE having sex?! I am almost tempted to stop it and find out.

But as for you and sex, I don't think you should do it unless you're 100% comfortable with the idea. If you're not, you're probably not going to enjoy it as much as your dream anyway, right? Soon I bet you'll get to the point where you just want to do it badly enough that you'll feel like you can trust your doctor's advice . . . and then go for it!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

The worst thing about being so scared about sex during pregnancy is that (before miscarriages) pregnancy sex was some of the best I'd ever had.

BTW, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and offering your support. It means so much that y'all are her for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter