/ The RE's Muse: Breathing now

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, November 08, 2004

Breathing now

Forget Wednesday's u/s--who could have waited that long given the circumstances? Dr. Rub's office got me in this a.m. and I am able to keep breathing for the foreseeable future. Today I was the lucky recipient of u/s #1. At 5w3d; the results:

Cervix closed? Check;
Gestational sac? Check;
Yolk sac? Check;
Decidual ring? Check (whatever the hell that is and "nice" per wand monkey);
Source of bleeding? Unknown;
Sac measuring one week ahead size-wise (which makes sense to me since I believe my cramping 4-5dpo indicated implantation happened earlier than the 7-12 dpo window we hear so much about as 'typical');
Too early for a fetal pole or heartbeat yet (damn! that would have gone a long way in easing my fears).

Dr. Rub was very pleased, said things look great and wants to see me again in 10 - 14 days. In the meantime, I'm taking it easy per Rub's orders. So I check out and attempt to schedule u/s #2 for 10 days from now but--ack!--there is nothing available! Alas, u/s #2 not until 11/22--two weeks (!!) from today! Agh--whatever will I do with myself in the interim besides worry? Speaking of worry, my blood pressure before going in for the u/s this a.m. was a whopping 170/80 which they chalked off to my nerves (brilliant deduction Watson).

And I'm happy to report that the brown spotting seems to have stopped shortly before the u/s. My last 4 visits to pee today have seen no brown on the paper whatsoever. Let's hope it keeps up while I do my best to take things one day at a time. Please keep your good thoughts and positive vibes coming my way ladies, I could really use 'em. Did I mention two whole weeks.... *sigh*

8 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everything checked out o.k.!

xxxooo,
Emily
scrambledeggs

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger JenP said...

Whoo Hoo!!! So glad to hear such great news!! I hope a slot opens up and they can squeeze you in!! Sending positive vibes and best wishes!

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good good good!! You'll be fine, I just know it. From my understanding, they would have been able to see any bleeding on the ultrasound.
I love how we are on the same, exact day with our pregnancies. I think it's a good sign.
-Lily

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Soper said...

Yea! Happy day! Stay in there, p-nut!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Julianna said...

Dee, I am so glad that you had a wonderful appointment and I hope the bleeding continues to stop. I'm thinking of you. Take care.

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew!!! Great news!!!! I know how scary this all is - how hard it is to actually allow yourself to breathe...you just keep pluggin' along and we will be right there with you!

:-)

Moogielou
Fractured Fairytale

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger April said...

Dee - Glad to see that all is well. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Also, in all seriousness, could you send Dr. Rubs contact info? I've had it with the new R.E., and unfortunately I'm running out of options.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I'm so glad things turned out ok. I haven't been able to access your blog for a bit so had missed the scare and am so glad to see the good news. Take care!
Mandy (infertilityisfunny.blog-city.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter