/ The RE's Muse: The twilight zone

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, November 01, 2004

The twilight zone

Beta # 3 came in at 910 today. Doubling time between #1 and 2 was 1.35 days; between #2 and 3 was 1.37 days so things are moving along by the sound of it.

I've been fighting nausea off and on--more on than off--for two days now, which I guess is reassuring. I didn't have this lovely symptom last time (and Dr. Rub's other nurse was quick to point out to me today that in the pregnancy she had that miscarried, she didn't have any nausea but she a lot of it with her successful pg and that many take nausea to be a good sign). Hmmm...we'll see. I'm not a puker and detest it so I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. Outside of that, the only other thing I've noticed is that I've woken up the past few nights to pee.

I had a dream about two weeks ago, before any of the current uterine shenanigans were known, and in it I was told I had a beta of 1,003; that dream was engraved in my mind. As you can imagine, I was wondering if that would be the number when they called me today. That would have been pretty freaky if it was.

So now I'm in the twilight zone of no more betas and my first ultrasound is November 10th. At that point, I'll be 5w5d and the nurse says we'll see a sac and fetal pole (do you know when the heartbeat can be seen? I used to but it's left my shot mind). So let's hope.

Whatever will I do with myself until then? How will I be able to get through each day without thinking that all hell is breaking loose in my uterus? Okay, so I'll try not to think about that...yeah, right, who am I kidding?

5 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Kath said...

Thats awesome!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Julianna said...

absolutely wonderful numbers! I am so happy for you.

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry I'm late on this but YAY, congratulations on the pregnancy.

Hope everything goes well, and I don't know when they see the heartbeat, but it tends to be somewhere in the 6th week.

YAY and WOOHOO again.

Kris
Brokenornot

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Soper said...

Oh congrats, Dee! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Belated congrats on the FANTASTIC numbers! I wanted to tell you *just in case* this happens to you, my first u/s was at 5 weeks, 4 days, and all we saw were the gestational sac and yolk sac. Even the fetal pole hadn't turned up yet. At my second u/s (6 weeks, 3 days) we saw the fetal pole(s) and (both!) heartbeats.

I hope for your peace of mind that you will see the fetal pole, but I'm just saying, don't assume the worst if you don't. Congrats again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter