/ The RE's Muse: Progesterone newbie

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, November 05, 2004

Progesterone newbie

Um...so my lack of knowledge is kind of embarrassing but maybe you can shed some light on this for me.

Earlier today here at work, I went pee, wiped, stood up, turned around to flush and noticed--WTF?--smallish 'pieces' of bright white something or other floating on the pee water's surface. There were numerous pieces, ranging from flake-sized specks to one or two about the size of a moderate pinky fingernail and everything in between. I craned my neck to view the pieces from a variety of angles and noticed that there was a greasy-type sheen radiating off of each piece (well, off the larger ones from what I could tell).

This is the second time in two days that I've noticed this. The first time I just thought the pieces were in the bowl before I went pee and I just didn't see them because they blended in with the white porcelain. My mind thought that the only reason I saw them after peeing was that the yellow pee made them stand out. But after episode 2, I don't think so; now I think they're coming from my uterine nether regions.

I'm inserting one 200mg prometrium cap at night and assumed that the internal content of each caplet was liquid (kind of like a vitamin E gelcap), especially since the pharmacy info sheet listed peanut oil as a component. I also assumed that the contents - if they are liquid - were absorbed into the honey hole only to later produce heavier than usual discharge. I've had some discharge as a result but not 'chunky' white pieces. And no, I don't have any accompanying itch or smell (lest anyone wonder if it's a yeast infection). Are these pieces coming from the progesterone that I'm popping into the hootch each night at bedtime--perhaps the solidified remnants of said peanut oil (though one would think it stays liquid at body temp) or of the caplet 'shell'? Or should I be worried that I'm somehow producing small pieces of styrofoam in my pee? (Really, that's kind of what they look like for lack of a better way to describe them.) Anyone out there had anything similar or am I truly a complete freak?

3 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Julianna said...

Hi Dee. I was inserting 3 progesterone capsules a day, I don't think that is the same as you (I am new to the capsules as well), but I did have cottage cheesy looking pieces coming out of my lovely nether regions. I knew it was the progesterone. I'd assume your caplet does the same thing. It can't all disintegrate.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, I have done the waxy bullet progesterone "inserts" and am currently on the Prometrium capsules. The greasy white pieces are definetly the progesterone. It is much worse with the bullet waxy things the pharmacies actually have to make themselves. The amount of white junk with the Prometrium is much less and much neater than the dreaded cold wax bullets up the hoohoo hole. Don't freak, just know that you have now officially entered "The Progesterone Zone". Good luck!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Brokenornot said...

I have the bullets and get that white nasty stuff, thats all I know. I have a week left, and I'm done, thankfully.

They make my pee stink really really bad too. Just had to share. HAHA. No, really, my first pee in the morning after having put in the bullet, which is really my second pee of the morning smells like a barnyard. Its really really rank.

Aren't you glad I shared?? Tee hee.

Kris
Brokenornot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter