/ The RE's Muse: 326

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

326

As you can see from the above number, I am able to continue breathing for the rest of the day. Beta #2 has more than doubled and I am, for the time being, somewhat relieved. I'll probably coast through today with that knowledge comfortable in my head and then my stress levels will amp up starting again tonight, building up to beta #3 Monday morning at 8 a.m.

I really don't know what to say other than I am shocked by this turn of events. It hasn't really sunk in and I'm also not really letting it sink in. Questions I answer from A about this pregnancy are started with "If we have a baby..." not "When...." I'm still in self-preservation mode and intend on staying there for a good long time.

One thing that I do know what to say is--again--thank you. I don't know how I could make it through each day (past, current, and future) without such thoughtful and wonderful responses from each of you. You are my touchstone, and I'm grateful for the day I came upon this group of strong women via Getupgrrl. So thank you again, friends. I'm glad we have one another to lean on in good and bad times. You get it...you really do, and for that I'm so grateful.

11 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeeee!!!!!

We are with you all of the way!!

Moogielou
Fractured Fairytale

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Julianna said...

That is so fantastic! Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Dee,

So (cautiously) excited for you! Keeping you, your husband, and the bean in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee, I'm absolutely thrilled for you. But I know exactly what you mean about it offering security only until the night...when you start to wonder if it is going to keep rising. It's been 8 days since my last beta and I am officially going insane. But, there are the ultrasounds to look forward to!

Miss W
http://missw.blogspot.com

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger JenP said...

Congrats Dee!!! Soo very happy to hear this!! Whoo hoo!! Grow little baby grow!!!

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful Dee! Really wonderful news. Congratulations. Looking forward to hearing about it all and wishing you a happy, healthy and STRESSFREE 9 months.

xxxxoooo,
Emily
scrambledeggs

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where the hell have I been? Fabulous news!

marla
middle way

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such WONDERFUL news my friend. Congrats!
Mandy
(infertilityisfunny.blog-city.com)

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such WONDERFUL news my friend. Congrats!
Mandy
(infertilityisfunny.blog-city.com)

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Kath said...

Well done. Nice to see some good news in blogdom.

Hope things keep going up up up!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Nice number!
Hope you will soon be able to say "when" instead of "if."
My best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter