/ The RE's Muse: But wait...there's more

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, October 18, 2004

But wait...there's more

Just when you start to think you've crossed the hump, turned the corner, are on the up-and-up, along comes something else to knock you down a notch.

I got just such a thumping this fine south Florida evening.

Tonight A and I took our two furboys to the vet for their annual exams. Furboy #1 is the younger of the duo at an immature 5, and according the vet, "one healthy guy!" (exclamation point hers). Furboy #2 is my senior guy at a mature 9, and tonight we were told that he has cancer--specifically, he has a mast cell tumor (or mastocytoma) on his left hip. It is a grape-sized lump that we pointed out to the vet. Being 9, furboy #2 has long had lypomas (or fatty tumors) here and there on his body. Always biopsied, always benign. Until now.

The vet thinks it's only (ONLY!) stage I but we won't know for sure until the surgery to remove it, presently scheduled for Nov. 11th. If it's worse than that (Stages II or III, the worst), we may be talking chemo and/or radiation.

I ask you universe, just how much more shit can I take? You've been dishing it out lately and I've taken it--begrudgingly--but I've dealt. This shit is getting old quick but I will not give you the satisfaction of breaking me, no.sir.ree. I won't give you the fucking pleasure. Instead I give you the big two-fisted fuck you to whoever is in charge, sick twisted bastard.

And I ask you wonderful women to please please please keep my Norm in your thoughts (and prayers if you're the religious type). He's my oldest baby and I don't know what my life would be like without him in it. I don't want anymore loss--not this year, hell not for many years...Norm deserves at least that much. Please don't let this be the start of the final chapter...I'm not ready.

9 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double-fisted...that's my girl, hee hee...I feel like I'm corrupting. Now ask me if I care, hee hee.

I'm keeping your furbaby in my prayers. I know how hard it is. We took our beloved Suzette to the vet for a cremation and I think of her every day and miss her so. Furboy will be fine, because I said so, damn it!

Keeping you in my prayers.

xxxxoooo,
Emily
scrambledeggs

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Julianna said...

That is awful! Ohhhh I hope he is okay.

Just too much!

I'll be thinking about you. So sad.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Dee,

I'm sending lots of prayers and get-well thoughts for Norm. I hope you have him and his fatty (benign) tumors for many years to come.

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your sweet Norm. I will definitely send positive thoughts his way and hope for a very speedy recovery.

And your right, enough is enough, damnit!

Moogielou
Fractured Fairytale

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger JenP said...

Keeping Norm in my thoughts. Andy sends lots of wet kisses and purring and licks. Hope he's ok and that things get better. Hope you're doing ok too.

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

OMG my post for today was a tribute to my doggies, I know how vital their health and safety are. I am a "religious type" and I will pray for your doggie. Be tough Norm, nine is not that old!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger ankaisa said...

Oh, I really hope Norm is going to be alright! I've lost a dog once, and it was not fun. It took me along time to get over it. I hope you do not have to face it for many years!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Kath said...

Licks from Barney & Jedi to your Norm. We all hope he will be ok.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh I hope things work out ok...I am praying for you and your baby...

Pets are just so hard.....G-d grant us infertile women some slack....

alex from the kitchen of the infertile gourmet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter