/ The RE's Muse: The system works (for now)

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

The system works (for now)

It seems the old uterus and hormones cooperated this month--whoohoo! I had a progesterone draw today to see if I ovulated on my own and sho'nuff, I did. The progesterone was a (whopping) 7.34 but that's good enough to indicate my follie ruptured out an egg. Let's hope A's sperm were able to find the coy vixen.

The nurse said they like to see the progesterone over 10 but anything over 3-5 indicates ovulation has occurred. I'm a little concerned about my number but they weren't concerned at all. The reason for my concern is that in June (non-stim cycle with BFN) it was 7; in July (stimmed cycle followed by BFP) it was 14.6. Hmmm...could be nothing or it could be something, what do you think/what has been your experience with this? Do I need to see if Dr. Rub thinks progesterone greased flippyflaps (all credit to Akeeyu) are in my future?

Anyway, I will not think about the fact that since 5dpo I have been having slight uterine cramps off and on (they're on as I type this) in the same spot. Hmm...implantation? I had 'em with the BFP starting around 7 or 8dpo. Today is CD21 so I'm about 7-8dpo and AF should make her appearance--if she dares--around the 28th or 29th. Dr. Rub's office said to come in for a beta if I don't get her by the end of next week. Here's hoping...that I don't poke my boobs off in the coming days as I gage whether or not they're sore, never mind that they will be after all that prodding at 'em.

So, A and I are flying to Atlanta tomorrow for a long weekend. Going camping with some great friends and just hanging out in general. Even though we only lived there for 3 years, A and I sometimes miss it. It's just a cool place to live and work (though not commute in as traffic blows). It was also where we bought our first home and really worked to make it ours. With such pleasant memories of that time, how could I not love Atlanta? Plus the friends we made are so wonderful--kind of a like personalized souvenirs from our time there. I can't wait to catch up--and get my mind off the rest of the 2ww. Only 6-7 days left--when can I start POAS?

5 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Yeah for the big "O" as in ovulation. Funny how before we were ttc the Big O stood for something totally different....But I cant remember what it was!

You and I are on the same schedule. I am due for AF on the 27th (also my 34th birthday).

I grew up in Atlanta and loved it but its so different now. I do enjoy visitng friends there. have fun camping!

I hope this is it for you and me!

Blessings!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger E. said...

Wonderful news about your O, Dee! I'm hoping hard that this is a good-news-cycle. Fingers crossed tightly (even though it makes it hard to type).

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger ankaisa said...

Great to hear there was ovulation! And you never know about those cramps, they might actually be something. Or not. So try not to read too much into it!

I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Julianna said...

That is great about the ovulation. Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!!!

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee,

That's great news about your ovulation. Anything over 5 on a natural cycle does mean that your body made and egg and released it. Wishing you luck. Looks like you and I are on a similiar cycle as well. It's funny, you know how women who work together start getting their cycles synched up? What does it say about us bloggers who live so far apart ;)

Have a great weekend and wishing you lots of luck for two lines.

xxxxoooo,
Emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter