/ The RE's Muse: New hobbies

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

New hobbies

It seems I have some new hobbies these days--namely freezing, napping, and peeing. No matter what room I go into in our house, I cannot get warm. Now, that's to be expected in the family room where two vents force frigid 72 degree air into the room in tandem non-stop it seems. It's not to be expected from our bedroom where there is only one piddly vent and the room is clear across the house from the thermostat (so it's always 10 degrees warmer in there than anywhere else in the house). My husband likes it cool in the house and I like it a little warmer so we go back and forth on the programmable thermostat. Lately, when I get home from work I'm content to lay in our bed, watching the Olympics and trying to get warm under the down throw. I also freeze all day long at work--not a day goes by without me making at least two or three non-peeing trips to the bathroom just so I can wash my hands under hot water and warm them temporarily. It's that bad.

I've also started a new hobby of almost-daily naps after work. Man, I'd forgotten how great naps can be. It's gotten to where friends and hubby now know better than to call me between 4 and 5. While I feel somewhat like a slacker, screw it--naps are good and they make me happy.

I continue to pee a lot but overall I feel good. The discomfort in my boobs has grown exponentially the past few days (as have my boobs themselves) and the slightest touch sends me to far away galaxies before I zoom back into our atmosphere. I did have to bite the bullet and buy bigger bras recently. The reality of me and my cups running over with boob was too much, I thought, to unleash upon the general public. V-neck tops have become obscene on me in the last week as my formerly 38D boobs (and believe me, I'm not bragging about them at all--know that I've always wanted a reduction but am scared of the surgery) have--BAM--kicked it up a notch! (Thank you Emeril.) I've gone out and bought some 38DD and 40D bras (since manufacturers don't seem to follow the same size guidelines as one another) but don't know how long they'll last me. Which scares me...very much. My hubby...not so scared; in fact, he is joyous, gleeful even--can't wait to have access to them. (Insert my evil laughter here--BWAH HA HA!! FOOL! NOT ANYTIME SOON!) He looks like a kid in a candy store who's got a dollar to spend but just learned that all of the jars are sealed shut. Touch 'em and die boy...yes, I'm talking to you.

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, naps are great. I just can't live without them now - I've been sneaking in at least an extra hour a day in the afternoons.
And the boobs - I hear ya. I am so paranoid about this very tiny early pregnancy that I am still squashing myself into my bras. But it looks like my boobs are not paranoid at all. If there's a heartbeat on Monday's us, it's off to the lingerie deparment for me.
Glad things are going as they should : )

Menita
(lifesjestbook)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter