/ The RE's Muse: Breech baby, breech baby *

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Breech baby, breech baby *

*(sung to the oldies tune Beach Baby--I stand corrected--by First Class)....

Yesterday we did a 4D u/s to get a peek at BG 2.0. My, but she was lovely to see. And yes, she does indeed look like J. We had been wondering if they'll look alike or completely dissimilar. Of course, she's still got a bit of growing to do and looks can change in that process so we'll see. Either way, I've no doubt she'll be gorgeous.

We also saw that she is currently breech. When we did our level II follow up u/s about three or four weeks ago, she was head down so that's an interesting turn of events. The tech did say that she still has room and time to turn back down so we'll see what happens. I'm cool with a c-section or another vag; it's all about getting her here healthy no matter what escape exit she uses.

The random painful contractions have slowed down though they still make their appearance known from time-to-time (last one was at 7:25 last night and it was just one). It's a little unsettling to say the least, but I'm hanging in there--especially since they're not so regular now, and certainly not 4 minutes apart for over an hour! That was some scary stuff.

And then, just when I thought it was safe to eat regularly as I've been doing all along (since I passed all those glucose tolerance tests), the rug was pulled out from under my feet. I met today with the nutritional counselor to go over my new eating plan. Yep, it's back to the 'diabetic diet' for me and finger sticks 5x a day, just to be safe (plus, as the OB said last week, "it's great for weight control" which I think was his polite way of saying, "hey chunky, ease up on the carbs before your ass outgrows your belly").

I did ask the nice counselor if it would be okay for me to cheat this upcoming weekend and have dessert as it's our ten-year anniversary and we're off for our lovely romantic rendezvous. She said that was fine, encouraged it even given the special occasion--but really, even if she said no, there was absolutely no way in hell I was going to skip out on the molten chocolate lava cake after dinner this Saturday night. I may be crazy (thanks pregnancy hormones!) but I'm not stupid. And to skip that dessert would not only be stupid on my part, it'd be a crying shame.

So that's where I am these days. Counting random contractions, drinking lots of liquids, and counting the days to the upcoming anniversary weekend. Oh, and then there is the baby shower next weekend. Yes, I know baby showers for second babies are somewhat verboten but it's to be an intimate affair (unlike the first one which was held on a grander scale) and I think it'll be a lot of fun. I mean, heck, who doesn't love them some cheese fondue and chocolate fondue with 12 or so good friends at the Melting P0t? Oy, wrench in the plans--what to do about the diabetic diet (cheese fondue good, chocolate fondue bad)? Looks like I may have to sacrifice that one and live vicariously through my friends' consumption of said goodies. So looks like it'll be cheese fondue and a house salad for moi...and that's okay by me.

5 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger WriterGrrl said...

Can I tell you how much I love to read about chocolate? Also, I don't know the Beach Boys song, so I've got it going to the tune of "Earth Angel."

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[koff] "Beach Baby" isn't a Beach Boys song. First Class, a UK band.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your future SIL was breech...an OB nurse once told me that breech babies are actually smarter than most- they know hanging out hammock-style is far more comfortable than upside-down. She was being silly, but I thought it was a cute way to look at it.

I'm sorry those damn contractions keep coming, but am happy they're not as frequent. As for the fondue, I'm so sorry. I would have a very hard time living vicariously during that event - and how sweet are your friends for throwing a little shower for 2.0??

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Glad to hear those contactions settled down. What a great idea for a shower...I love fondue!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Sorry to hear about all the finger sticks & diet (brought back unfun memories for me). Very cool about getting the 4/D though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter