/ The RE's Muse: The numbers don't lie

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The numbers don't lie

The GD diet has begun in earnest and I'm pleased to report that, despite a dessert cheat during our big anniversary dinner this past weekend, my blood sugar numbers have been pretty good in general. The wild card of them seems to be my fasting #s when I wake up in the morning...so much so that the peri put me on an insulin-sensitizing medication as of yesterday. Today's numbers are all looking great so it seems to be doing its thing.

The belly is measuring 30-31 weeks and since I'm about to hit 30 weeks, the midwife was pleased with my growth. I'm now seeing my docs every two weeks--which between the OB and the peri makes for a busy appointment schedule.

J continues to amaze both A and I. The rate at which she's learning new things is just astounding. Fantabulous parents that we are, the other night when A was changing her, he asked her "can you say ass?" (since he was wiping hers); lo and behold, she parrots "aassss." We about laughed our heads off, which made her laugh, and then remembered that we shouldn't teach her those kinds of words nor encourage them :-) Then while giving her a bath last night, I told her to hold on as "mommy has to go pee pee on the potty." Well, she crouches down in the tub, says "pee pee" and proceeds to grab herself. Part of me is thinking 'she's crouching down as if she's on a toilet going pee,' the other part is wondering why she's all grabbing at her vaginey. The crouching part of me won out...and after speaking with my SIL, she said that it sounds as if a certain little someone is perhaps interested in starting potty training. So it appears that we'll be giving it a go very soon. Should be interesting to say the least.

That's about the general state of things in the Dee house these days. Nothing v exciting going on overall. Just the same old same old, which is nice, I mean after all, they say toddlers thrive on routine and that's what life is in these parts day in and day out...a routine. Think I'll enjoy it for the next two or so months before we're thrown back into chaos for a bit. Oy...which reminds me, just a little over two months to go. Wow, time is flying.

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger VTek said...

My fasting # was always the one that gave me trouble too! Since you're getting closer now, did you settle on 2.0's name yet?

The holiday season is going to be even busier for you with all of those appointments!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

How exciting! Toilet training! I'm so glad you're going through it first, so I can learn from you... all I do is talk about how AWESOME it is that all grown-ups go pee-pee on the potty, and Chebbles just kind of brushes it off... "Good for you ...?"
Congrats on the thirty week mark -- you're right, it won't be long now!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter