/ The RE's Muse: Now with more (b)itch--DBTs--and traveling!

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Now with more (b)itch--DBTs--and traveling!

Ha ha, lest you think the itch is gone...I am very unhappy to report that it is not.

I do know that "it" is likely not:

PUPPP (pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy)
herpes gestationis
impetigo herpetiformis
intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP)

But it may very well be papular dermatitis of pregnancy or prurigo gestationis. I have an OB appt tomorrow and will mention my itching to the doctor. It was rather mild at my last appt so I didn't think to mention it then. Yeah, I've gone way beyond mild now. Here's hoping there will be some relief in my near future.

In other news, I've put the rental doppler away for the time being. It arrived a week-and-a-half ago, mere hours after I had returned home from my perinatalogist appt where we heard the heartbeat on their doppler. Needless to say, I was unable to find it on the rental doppler that afternoon and have not been able to find it at any point in time since then. Deep cleansing breaths....

Rather than panic myself with DBTs (and believe me, they make their presence known before I kick them to the curb), I've packed it up and decided I'd wait a little while longer to try again. I'm cruising into 12 weeks in a matter of days and when I looked back in my pregnancy journal from J--I saw that I didn't hear hers at home until just after 11 weeks along. So I'll bide some more time just to be safe.

For now, though, I hope to hear it at tomorrow's appt on the OB's machine. I mean, I still feel like shit, the nausea and exhaustion (and miss J) are kicking my ass every. single. day so I'm pretty sure the wee one is thriving in there--crossing fingers, knees, eyes, and more to the heavens on that statement, mind you.

I leave for five blissful days in a lovely Gulfside city on FL's west coast (about a four hour drive for me) tomorrow evening. There will be no A and no little miss J with me--I'll miss them, but man, momma needs some sleep...and some time on the beach, in the spa, reading some books, doing some shopping, dining out, movie watching, etc...just a little me time with the SIL. Two girls on a five day spa retreat. My computer will join me so I'll post any exciting goings on that may come up. I don't anticipate any excitement...this is one vacation where that is not at the top of the list. Relaxation is the word du jour instead.

3 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Too bad about the itching! What the heck is it?? That's one pregnancy symptom I cannot claim from my Babycakes pregnancy (gosh, I'm so competitive).
And as for the heartbeat, I know it's hiding in there -- I must say that the little "Pac-Man"-like noise of the heartbeat has got to be the most comforting sound in the world. You'll hear it soon with the Doppler, I know it!!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

So as long as your as itching and nauseated, you know that the pregnancy is moving along...

Have fun on your trip...I am envious!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Miss W said...

So jealous of your spa trip! Hope you get some serious resting in :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter