/ The RE's Muse: Hurricane hiatus

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hurricane hiatus


I guess there could be stranger things than hurricanes taking aim at us this late in the season (it ends Nov. 30th--but Oct. and Nov. are typically slow for storms) but alas, this is the reailty I find my little family in. So I'll be signing off temporarily. There are important papers to pack, baby goods to pack, dog things to pack, and yet more to pack (oh the things you pack when you're facing the possibility of no electricity and having to amuse a four-month old).

A will board up the house tomorrow and we're off to stay with friends a few miles from us who live in a concrete block house--infinitely safer than our wood frame abode. We can only hope for minimal restrengthening of Wilma once she's back over the gulf...and a house that's hopefully still standing when we return to her.

I hope to be back online soon...please think good thoughts for us down here in south Florida, we can use them. So until I'm back, I leave you with a photo of the happy queen, taken about 6 weeks ago--she's changed a lot since then but I've been too busy to download the current batch of pictures on the digital camera. Until next time...be well.

5 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger JenP said...

Take care Dee and lots of luck weathering the storm.

Your girl is just beautiful. Such a lovely wee lady.

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay safe. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Stay safe Dee and thanks for offering your support recently! Miss J is the cutest little girl.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger April said...

I've been thinking of you all morning. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

And could Miss J get any more adorable?

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please update when you have electricity! I hope your home is intact and you are all right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter