/ The RE's Muse: Happy new year

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy new year

I hope you each had a great start to the new year. A and I spent the evening at a party hosted by some good friends, where I heartily toasted the new year with can after can of Minute Maid Light Lemonade--laissez les bon temps rouler (let the good times roll)! Don't ever let it be said that I don't know how to party :-)

Despite the new year's festivities (or perhaps because of them), I came down with a horrendous head cold that basically incapacitated me Sunday after it's quick onslaught Saturday. It's no fun sleeping sitting up and it's even less fun when there is essentially no medicine you can take to alleviate your suffering. Good times in the Dee house Sunday and yesterday, I tell you. At least now it seems to be breaking up somewhat and I'm bringing up lots of fun stuff from my sinuses and chest.

Speaking of fun stuff, yesterday found us at the perinatalogist for our monthly visit--where we waited for an hour and twenty minutes just to be called back. Then we waited for 15 minutes more before getting to an exam room. Holy zoinkies. But all was well. I was told to stop taking the prometrium as I'm almost to the 14 week mark. Goodbye goopy panties! They also couldn't find my ultrasound records from my first visit (something about their computer system losing some recently) so I was the lucky recipient of an unexpected ultrasound--and--drumroll please--it wasn't transvaginal! It was a belly ultrasound--how surprised was I? The ultrasound was amazing, himorshe really looks like a baby (currently measuring 11.9 cm, or 4.685 inches) and was moving all over the place, little arms and legs just a'kickin' away. Unfortunately, A had to leave to run a quick errand (we thought I'd be waiting a while for the ultrasound as there were 4 women ahead of me and we figured he be back by the time I was called in) so he didn't get to see it. I felt bad about that as I think he would've been amazed by what was on the screen. But our next visit is in four weeks when we'll get the level II ultrasound so he'll get to be amazed then.

Oh, and it's official, my food baby as well as the real baby, are outpacing my current wardrobe limits. This weekend found me buying my first maternity clothes. I felt like such an impostor, I kept expecting the clerk to ask me what I was doing there. But it was kind of fun and I dragged A along for good measure (or perhaps to make him pay for some small transgression somewhere along the way). I got some cute stuff and I've already worn one or two pieces. They're infinitely more comfy than my regular clothes at this point. Can't wait to see what the future holds for the food and real babies--you'd think this diabetic diet would help quell the food baby's growth but it seems to be on pace with that of the real McCoy. Luckily, my ass and legs haven't joined the party yet--and let's hope they don't.

5 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy it makes me feel to read the happines and hope in your post.
About ass and leg expansion - oddly enough I seem to have actually lost weight there (don't ask me how), everything seems to have moved waaaaay forward.
Menita
(lifesjestbook)

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Julianna said...

I am so glad that your appointment went so well but what a bummer that your husband didn't see! Take care.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Aaaaaaaah, the last day of prometrium. A fantastic day if there ever was one! I'm so glad the baby is looking good, and so jealous that you got an unexpected ultrasound. ;-) Keep the happy news coming!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger DeadBug said...

Food baby, eh? Hope this means you've enjoyed plenty of the spoiled milk of the gods:

Cheese.

Congrats on the beautiful and unexpected ultrasound.

--Bugs

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'm so jealous! I don't get an US until the 17th (our appts!). But I did just listen to the little heart thumping away with my doppler. The maternity clothes are soooo comfy, aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter