/ The RE's Muse: Sugar-free milano cookies

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Sugar-free milano cookies

are the devil! No, seriously. I had a few before dinner yesterday and awoke in the middle of the night last night to find myself doubled over with stomach cramps and sounds emanating from my belly that sounded like a boiler about to explode. How I wish I could have gone poop to alleviate things but no go. The pain and noise eventually stopped after about 45 minutes. Good times, good times.

Um, yeah, I had a few after dinner the night before and this exact same thing happened to me Tuesday night. Woke to stomach cramps and sounds of belly doom. You think I'd learn my lesson but it took a second night of belly grumbling to give me 2+2. This was the first time I'd tried the sugar-free version of milano cookies. Something in the sugar alcohols that make up the sugar-free component just doesn't agree with me. Shame too 'cause I love me some milano cookies. Today I'll go home and throw the rest of the bag away. If I wake up again tonight in belly hell then I don't know what the deal is.

Dr. Rub's nurse just called--u/s #2 moved to 7:30 a.m. tomorrow (from 8:15). Rub's doing retrievals/transfers most of tomorrow so I'm first up before that gets underway. Nothing like a 60 mile drive to the main office to wake one up in the morning. But it's not like I won't be wide awake in anticipation anyway. I imagine it'll be a quiet, tense car ride for A and I. He'll make jokes and try to get me laughing but I know I'll be too tense to do much more than worry, let alone hold up my end of the witty banter.

We're hoping to see a hb tomorrow as I'll be exactly 7w. May not be able to eat...sleep...breathe tonight. I had been thinking very good, hopeful thoughts these past ten days since u/s #1 but now my anxiety is starting to amp up again. Last time, bad news came at 6w6d, D&C at 7w exactly so tomorrow is a big day, a huge hurdle if you will. Please keep all crossable bits crossed in the interim. If all is good tomorrow, I'll post afterwards--can't make any promises though if it's not. For now, I'm hanging in there and trying not to think negatively, but--as you dear reader know--it's hard when your hopes have been crushed repeatedly.

8 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Certain foods have been wrecking havoc on my stomach too, so I truly feel your pain.
Thinking nothing but positive thoughts for your u/s.
Good luck tomorrow!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sending you lots of hope and healthy-baby thoughts for your appointment tomorrow.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow.

Anything with sugar alcohol in it causes a laxative effect. Don't know the physics behind that, but i can't eat that stuff either.

xxxooo,
Emily
scrambledeggs

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My eyelashes are crossed for you, deary. I usually cry all the way to the doctor. Not because I'm mentally unstable or anything. No fair that you have one tomorrow and I have to wait until Dec 20-somethingith. And don't worry too much if you don't see the hb, many ppl don't. I read somewhere about a woman who still didn't see the hb at 12 wks, and her son is now 6 months old. So it will be ok.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger JenP said...

Everything is crossed!! Will be keeping you in my thoughts all weekend.

Best wishes and good luck tomorrow!

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best tomorrow. After 3 m/c (all by 6w 5d)we just passed the u/s at 8 wks with flying colors this past Monday. Now the wait until Dec. 3 for u/s #3, oh the anxiety. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping, hoping, hoping!!!!!!!! COME ON U/S #2! Keeping everything crossed for both of us.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got all crossables crossed. Good luck tomorrow.
Jen/VintageUte

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Julianna said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter