/ The RE's Muse: Mi corazon

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Mi corazon

I am awed, humbled by this morning's events. There it was, clear as day...a rhythmic flicker on the u/s screen. A tiny heart beats within me that is not entirely my own but which I helped create.

In a nutshell: the embryo was there, the heartbeat was there, the yolk sac was there, all measuring right on. Today's blood pressure was a not-so-lovely 150/84--but, then again, I was a nervous wreck. Really (just ask my bowels who evacuated their contents twice this morning and not of the nice variety bm, if you--TMI--get my drift). For a second Dr. Rub and the tech thought I had a subchorionic hemorrhage but instead they said it's just vascular (um, not entirely sure what that means but it's normal they said). I've gained one pound since my last visit (gained, nah, more like normal weight fluctation on my part). I'm to stay on the prednisone and progesterone as well as the glucophage. Dr. Rub said there are some recent studies that show glucophage is helpful at reducing mc rates. The good doctor will do one more u/s on Dec. 2nd (at my usual office--so thankfully, no 60 mile drive!) and, if all goes well, I'll be released to a high-risk OB. He prefers I go there b/c of my congenital adrenal hyperplasia and recommended a couple of docs. Today I'll check my insurance to see if they're on the plan.

I have many thoughts swirling in my head right now and so many of them I can't put into words. I am overwhelmed by so much--not the least of which is your love and support.

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, crossed appendages and whatnot. Did I ever tell you that you gals rock?! Well, you do...and I'm so very grateful for your friendship. Now (please) go have a nice weekend! And know that you hold a special place en mi corazon.* (*translation: in my heart)

13 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Julie said...

What a wonderful sight it must have been to see that little heart beating away. I'm sure you must be breathing a little easier now.
Congrats!!

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful moment!!! I'm so happy for you and glad you shared this with us.

Moogielou
Fractured Fairytale

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful Dee, I'm so very, very happy for you.

xxxooo,
Emily
scrambledeggs

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Heather said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!
That's fantastic, Dee! Congratulations! Try to enjoy these moments... you deserve it.
Jen/VintageUte

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger chris said...

Congrats on your wonderful news.

I guess you haven't seen the chocolate covered Milanos that come out for Christmas? Pretty decadent. Hard to find too.

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 weeks, seven weeks, 7 wee-eee-eeks!!! It's so cool seeing the heartbeat, isn't it!! I knew you were ok.

-Lily

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Dee,
I somehow unwittingly deleted my congrats on the great news, so here I am, just putting it back:

CONGRATS ON THE GREAT NEWS! Here's to much more in the weeks and months to come.

Heather

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. What JOY!
Menita
(lifesjestbook)

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger E. said...

Oh, Dee, that's so wonderful. I am so happy for you, so happy!

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO WONDERFUL!

By the way, if you are interested in the article regarding metformin, PCOS and pregnancy, please email me at shorty1kanobi@hotmail.com. I can email you the article. My OB mentioned it to me and then gave me the article to share with my buddies. :)

Mandy (infertilityisfunny.blog-city.com)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Kath said...

Well done Dee. So proud.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Soper said...

Here's me giving you a big smile on your good news:

:)

it loses something in translation....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter