/ The RE's Muse: My lovely lady hump/lump

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Monday, May 07, 2007

My lovely lady hump/lump

During a lovely lengthy shower last week, I had the distinct displeasure of finding a pea-sized hard-ish lump in my right "under"boob while soaping the girls up. Today I sawDr. Hot at my ob/gyn office and left the office with two scripts--one for a breast u/s, the other for a mammogram. I tried to read his face as he was feeling me up but he had his poker face on, damn him.

Am I scared, yes? Thinking about it, not so much. If I spent all of my time worrying about what this might be, I might never leave the house, preferring to spend my time anxious and self-diagnosing. With that in mind, there will be no Dr. Google in my future. Instead, I will simply expect this to be a minor blip on my radar until I am told otherwise when the results are read by a trained physician.

For now, I'll go with a clogged pore/sebaceous cyst type of thingy (I had one removed last year that was about four inches below my breast and this one appears to perhaps have a small clogged pore in it that will not produce anything but discomfort if I try to squeeze it--yes, I'm a freak).

U/s and requisite boob smashing scheduled for May 18th.

2007 sure is off to a kinda crap start, huh? On the positive side, we've met our out-of-pocket deductible for our health insurance (was there ever any doubt?) for the year: $3,000. Now all forthcoming claims will be paid at 100%. Thank you NICU.

Laissez les bon temps rouler.

11 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

I'm sorry to hear you have a scary booby bump, and I'm almost as eager as you are to hear the results of those tests. You're owed a pass on this one, Dee, so I think you'll be just fine. And what a good perspective re: the deductible. That's the way to see the silver lining.

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so hate scary boob lumps. I had one - turned out to be a big old nothing, but damn I was nervous. I hope May 18th comes very quickly and gives you peace of mind...it's a long hard wait. Hang in there.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Klynn said...

It being so close to the birth of sweet little D, I would strongly suspect a clogged duct. Just watch for signs of mastitis between now and the 18th. Better to be safe, though, and be sure. Thinking of you and hoping it's nothing major.

In other news, we have our reservations for D!sney and are staying 5/28-6/2. We'll be heading back northward on 6/2, but hopefully not before we have a chance to meet up with you and your crew and have lunch. Bob loves to go to Big River Grille & Brewing Works at Downtown D!sney. If you're willing/able to meet us there, that'd be great. Or, since you are more familiar with the area, please feel free to suggest a place you like. If you want, send me an email at klynnd at gmail dot com, and we can coordinate more.

Hugs to you and your beautiful girls.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Oh I hate those! Stupid lumps and bumps and good for you for being anti-Dr. Google! I am hoping it is nothing and will read your blog daily until I see that post.

I just had the girls squished two months ago for the first time and the build up was worse than the actual squish.

I agree with klynn about the clogged duct too!

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

never a dull moment, eh? and another (practically) 2ww!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Now this? Well, as always, lots of good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger WriterGrrl said...

Oh, Dee, I am definitely holding good thoughts for you.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger lagiulia said...

Man. You don't get a break, do you. I'm sorry. I had a needle aspiration a few years ago for a lump I had, and it turn out to be nothing to worry about. NOw that I've weaned, though, that same breast is suspicious again, and I happen to have a doc appt. today. Fun fun fun. Too bad we don't live closer... we could have twin mammos or something. Love ya.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it's nothing, buddy.
I had a lump checked out about two months ago - turned out to be calcified something or other after breastfeeding. Hope yours is something equally silly and benign.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting patiently for an update - hope you're ok.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Toffee said...

Sending a hug your way. Hope you are ok. Thinking about you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter