/ The RE's Muse: She gets the last laugh

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

She gets the last laugh

So, um, about that vagina that hates me yeast infection? It's taking not a one day course of D!flucan to kill it, oh no no, it's taking a seven day course.

But the best part of all? I got my period (yes, again!) yesterday.

Hahaha, silly vagina. I will win. Oh yes, I will.

3 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, that last one was me. lately i've been writing long comments on blogger blogs and then they won't post.

anyway. a few things about yeast infections, a subject on which i am, sadly, an expert.

1, diflucan never works for me-- have to go with the suppositories, but *not* the storebrand ones. not to be all pharma commercial here, but if diflucan doesn't work, as your dr about nystatin

2, some amount of yeast is normal. if your dr is diagnosing yeast based on looking under the microscope or lab test, but you are no longer itchy, you don't have to treat it.

3, there's a careful balance going on down there-- kill too much yeast and you get bacteria, which can actually have the same itchy symptoms, so if you *are* still itchy and your dr hasn't looked under the microscope and/or done a lab test, ask him/her to do it.

good luck!

- cat, g.
www.gallopingcats.com

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger lagiulia said...

It sounds to me like maybe it's because your cycles are screwed up that you can't get rid of the yeast. I'll often get a minor yeast inf. as my period is approaching because the hormonal balance is changing. That's the explanation I've heard, anyway. Like I said, Yeast Gard is the only thing that's ever worked for me, including all of the other suppositories out there and Diflucan. Good luck!

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is I hope Ms. Vagina starts getting on the ball here and plays nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter