/ The RE's Muse: Zzzzzz

The RE's Muse

After 4 years of infertility, 2 surgeries, 1 miscarriage, and 19 months of high risk pregnancies, hubby and I now have two little women in our lives--one a toddler, the other not far behind. Buckle your seatbelts, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Zzzzzz


Things here have been so alarmingly normal that I haven't felt like boring y'all with the mundane details of it.

I'm actually (gasp!) enjoying these early weeks and savoring every day. It helps that a certain chunky little person has started doing two very important-to-me things: 1) she started sleeping through the night last week, doing anywhere from 6 to 9 hours at a stretch and 2) she started giving me real honest-to-goodness smiles as evidenced by the attached photo.

Those two things have gone a long way toward helping me feel really good, along with the A-Ds, of course--and the fact that I've lost 27 lbs. of pregnancy weight with 13 more to go to get to pre-baby weight. Early on, I called it the "NICU diet;" nowadays I just call it "slow going." No hurry...I try to follow the adage of 9 months to put it on, 9 months to take it off (and then don't beat myself up too much if I still don't have it all off by 9 months). At least that was how I approached it after J was born.

Tomorrow D will be 8 weeks old and I find myself wondering where the time is going.
And yes, I'm even boring myself with this post.

8 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Cat, Galloping said...

oh! you give me hope that two babies in a row can be good sleepers! everyone cursed me so hard after Gatito started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks that i figured i was doomed! :)

glad things are going so well. happy and boring is good!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Any post that starts with a face like could never be boring.

I just want to pinch those cheeks!

Gorgeous smile, gorgeous little girl!

Glad to hear about the boring ;)

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Look at that little face! SO CUTE!!!!!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Erica Kain said...

Oh what a marvelous picture, Dee! She looks SO MUCH like J, I think, and so much mischief at such an early age. Thanks for posting it!

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a smile!! You need to know as I was reading this post Smacky screeched BABY!!! and pointed to Baby D. I said, "That's your future sister-in-law." He just kept smiling and taking her in. What a face she has!

Boring is AWESOME. We love boring. So happy you're boring yourself. This is good!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger gypsygrrl said...

oooooooooh that baby SMILE and those baby CHEEKS! *must squish baby*

gosh Dee, its good to hear the little one is a good sleeper and also she is a FABULOUS smiler! ;) give her a snuggle for all her faraway internet aunties who are smitten...

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boring is underrated. Boring is GOOD. We love the kind of boring that involves smooshable baby cheeks. (Oh, the cuteness!) Glad to hear everything is so dull. =)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Glad to hear that things are going good all around. And Happy belated birthdays to Dee & D :^]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter